Ruling can you use reprint trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamplord

I'm Back!!!!!!!
can you use reprint trainers like i have an old rare candy can i use it

and other stuff like that

For tournaments, I'm not sure if you can only use it in tandem with the current one or not. I'm pretty sure that you'll have to have one of the current ones. Such as having 1 Pluspower from DP, and having 3 older ones.

You're wrong.

You can use older forms of trainers, no problem at all. You can use 4 Rare Candys from Emerald, for example. No problem.

However, if a trainer is reprinted but the text has been changed (Such as Pluspower Base Set - Its text has changed), you got to have at least a copy of the newest variety handy. You may copy a DP variety and play 4 of the Base Set one (its what I do) and be done with it.

As long as the card is reprinted, you can use the old one together with the new one PROVIDED if the reprinted card is not different from the old one...

I just started collecting again after a 3 year period. So I had the same question.

You may be wise to bring a copy of the card-dex for every old card you play to prove the text is unchanged.

Psychic Pokemon Master said:
As long as the card is reprinted, you can use the old one together with the new one PROVIDED if the reprinted card is not different from the old one...
what if the pictuer is different the the latest one but same text

swamplord said:
Psychic Pokemon Master said:
what if the pictuer is different the the latest one but same text

The art does not matter, as long as the text is still the SAME, you can use it....

The art does not matter, as long as the text is still the SAME, you can use it....
[/quote]

The art part is right but with cards like steven's advice that have changed text from their original cards can still be used as long as you have a copy of the most recent version or ask the judge if it is okay to use.

I don't think they use the old cards at all because they are outdated. Call your tournament representative/s to see if they allow older set cards with the same text but I don't think they do. From what I have heard and seen on the internet. It depends on the area or location to which cards can and can't be used.:)

Locking at the author's request. Thanks for reporting! Mewstor, tell me if there is any wrong answer given in this thread. Thanks.

*Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back