Can someone please rate my deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_chan

Aspiring Trainer
I like to run decks with around 24 energy so yea.. Its kinda screwed but ok..

Pokemon
x3 Electrike (ex deoxys)
x2 Manectrik (ex deoxys)
x3 Cyndaquil (ex sandstorm)
x2 Quilava (ex unseen forces)
x1 Typhlision ex (ex unseen forces)
x1 Zapdos ex (ex firered leafgreen)
x2 Electabuzz (diamond and pearl)
x1 Electivire (diamond and pearl)
x1 Latios (latios and latias starter pack)
x1 Rayquaza ex (tin)

Trainers
x2 Steven's Advice
x2 TV Reporter
x1 Celio's Network
x4 Energy Search
x2 Gust of Wind
x1 Pokeball
x1 Wally's Training
x2 Lady Outing
x1 Switch
x1 Team Galactic's Wager
x3 Potion

Energy
x12 Fire
x12 Electric

I don't know why but I think I need more pokemon.
What does this deck need to make in more quick-paced or rushy? Like strong Pokemon with low energy cost coz so far I only have Rayquaza and Zapdos ex.

Please help!

Thanks

Your'e either in unlimited, casual or modified. Unlimited has a powerful, fast gameplay that toasts badly made decks in about three turns. Casual has no metagame, the players usually aren't that good, and decks tend to be scappy and made of bits and pieces. Modified is of everything past HP, and has a strict metagame and is pretty repepitive at times.

I can't help you in unlimited, but I can definitely tell you you won't get anywhere.

Casual probably won't need help.

Modified means you'll be left with the Electrivire line, the Enegies, the Potion, Switch, Wager, Energy Search, Pokeball, Steven's, Celios, and TV Reporter.

Generally, having any more than 16 energies tends to make you draw energy floods, drawing too much of energies and having nothing that you can use it on. You have too many lines, you'll equally get things you don't need too often, and you wouldn't be able to get very far anyway; by the time you charge them up they're critically injured and you can't do much about it.

The trainers suck. With the amount of energies you have you don't even need Switch, just slap an excess amount of energies and you can pay the cost. Potion is too slow, unless you play them all at once, which is a waste of 4 spaces. Energy Search is slow in comparison, getting only one or two. Pokeball needs a flip, and is thus unreliable. Gust would be good if it exists anymore. Same with the unlisted trainers I mentioned. Get more searching cards.

Your Pokémon lines are unreliable. It leaves one basic unused and thus redundant. On the other hand, the other Basic Pokémon that don't evolve are at risk of never seeing the light of the playing field; you can't search for them consistantly, and if they are critical to the win condition, it's easy to be killed off and you are left in a bad position. Condense your lines, or even better, make a good strategy and maximize the numbers of which you need.

Drop about 1/3 of the enrgies you have, and further replace with some energies that have special effects, mainly multicoloured energies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back