Call of Duty Black Ops.

What do you think of CoD Black ops?

• Total voters

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"
I have no idea if a thread exists for this already or not, but....

I have just Pre Ordered Call of Duty Black Ops for 360.
I've seen youtube video's of it and "inside Xbox" video's as well on this. It looks great.

The current MWII game has problems; these problems being N00btubers and commando. A lesser problem is boosting and hacking.
I agree with all of you, the n00b tube is really dumb and needs to be fixed or just removed. It takes no skill to just blow someone up. You can call a sniper rifle cheap, but at least it takes skill to aim.
The boosting part is real stupid too cause it ruins the game for everyone else. And the 10th prestige lobby invites I get every day are just annoying. Why play this game if you dont want to work for your rank? Whenever I see a Lv 70 10th prestige, I never believe them. They bought it.
I plan to stay at 8th or 9th prestige when I get that high just to avoid that.

ANYWAYS.

Black Ops has fixed some of this. Apparently, its now impossible to boost. I think they dropped Commando too. (I hope)
I'm loving the new kill-streak rewards.
IMO, that RC-XD will be abused heavily. It can go up stairs people! That's great. The Valkyrie missile is cool too. So many of the new kill-streaks are great.
The new features and mechanics of the game are definitely a step up. The money system is much better. You can buy stuff instead of unlocking it after a million kills. The contract system is cool as we can earn XP or money based on challenges we choose.

Personally I look forward to the Wager matches.

And best of all, we get to customize our character AND our weapons.

Yep, I cant wait for Nov 9th....

EDIT: Lots of new information has been released about this game now as its release date is a mere 6 days away.

All the killstreaks have been confirmed and the new multiplayer modes have too.
Wager matches are going to be SOOO fun.
Especially Gun Game.

One of the best new confirmed features is that Killstreak rewards DO NOT count towards other killstreak rewards. Yes. This reduces camping.
And the grid system on the mini map is great too.

DISCUSS.

I personally would like to think that this game would be better than the last two CoD games, but unfortunately I've lost all hope. After MW1, I was super psyched about WaW, so I bought it first day. I was immediately disappointed with the game. The guns weren't any good, the storyline felt like I was reading from a really boring history book, and the multiplayer was just stupid... Elevator Glitches, horrible guns, TANKS. So I let a friend borrow it and he moved away with it. Not sure if I care that much...

Then all of the junk you stated about MW2 is how I feel about it. The storyline was ok, I liked Spec Ops, but as soon as it hit PvP playing field it was really bad...

Anyways I'm not going to not give Black Ops a chance. I'll probably go rent it before I shell out 60 bucks for it though just so I'm not majorly disappointed again and poor as well. For the CoD series sake I hope it does well...

*cough*surefanboy*cough*

I will preorder this game eventually, if I can, and it looks good and all, but having an exploding car at a 3-kill streak that has no time limit worries me a little. Another Modded Warfail 2 is the last thing I need.

That I did not know. Well, then I suppose it can't be that bad, since it will be hard to find people from time to time, and you are vulnerable.

I pre-ordered this game allready, for the Wii, i play these games more then i should actually, i'm actually thinking of getting another system for this game as well, the killstreaks look like a lot of fun, i like the fact that they are not counting kills that you get from your rewards towards your killstreak total, so camping isn't going to be the most reliable way of playing anymore, as running and gunning is my style of play, it should make the game a little bit more hectic and chaotic, and overall more fun... that was all one sentence... o_O

Well, you have to admit, its still better then Halo.
Hah, that's funny. I almost thought you were being serious there for a second. Last time I checked, high quality games aren't released a year apart from each other.

Modern Warfare: 2007
World at War: 2008
Modern Warfare 2: 2009
Black Ops: 2010
Modern Warfare 3: 2011

In my personal opinion, the people who give these games good ratings each time are simply intense fanboys that love everything in a series even if it sucks. Modern Warfare was the only one I genuinely enjoyed.

Treyarch > Infinity Ward any day.

W@W was an amazing game and all you people complaining about how bad the guns were, that's when real skill is taken into account, especially since Grenade Launchers can only be attached to a limited amount of weapons. Unlike MW2, where like ten guns can have Grenade Launcher attached. CoD4 was a good game, but I still prefer W@W. MW2 is a complete fail, it was completely hacker prone and everything was overpowered.

CoD is more social, you can play with your friends instead of alone. Wager matches look great, I can finally be rewarded for coming top of ffa everytime :p.

Although the guns may need some skill to use that's not really what I'm talking about... They just kinda seemed A LOT clunkier. The graphics were kinda bad, the grenade marker that is supposed to show up when you're close to blowing up was so small it was nearly invisible, and then, of course, the TANKS. Tanks made this game way too stupid to play multiplayer. People would just camp out for them and then wreak havoc. Most teams would also camp the other persons tank as well which just made it a blood bath. Nazi Zombies is not a bad mode, and it has a fun factor. But nowadays the only real people that play it are people that are overly serious, or sound like their 10 years old and they are still overly serious.

Now I'm not saying MW2 was good, because it was horrible when it came to multiplayer. It was ridiculous when it came down to it and there has always been something that's overly broken (noob-toobs, Tac Knifing class). But the campaign was still good. Or at least the gameplay was. The story was eh, but the campaign was good enough for me to run through it again on Veteran. The campaign was the same in MW1, except the multiplayer was actually worth a grain of salt in that game. I couldn't even force myself to play through the whole campaign for W@W on Normal. It was just.... bleh. Levels were too long, some objectives were too difficult for just Normal mode, and again I hated the guns.

I probably shouldn't be basing my opinion on the fact that I didn't like W@W, but since I don't have anything else to base it on that's what I'm doing, and for that I might be wrong. I guess we'll see when it comes out.

Can't wait to buy it. If i had the money, i'd pre-order the special edition version that come's with a real RC-XD (It's doesn't explode =[ ).

I was a bit upset that dogs are a kill-streak now, it seemed a bit overpowered in WaW, but now all kill-streaks can only be obtained through actual kills not including any kills gained through the kill-streak rewards, at least now you can't call a pred missle, get a double kill, call a harrier strike get 1 kill and call a pave low cause that was cheap =P.

I'm hoping they remove commando (so annoying to see someone with marathon+lightweight+tactical knife) and scrambler (its basically screaming "I'm near you!! I'm near you!!") though i hope they keep commando pro and rename to something else as being able to jump off buildings and not die is awesome.

No. Of course it explodes still. Thats what makes it great! lol JK

But yeah, the sprint class was really dumb. Lets just run up behind you, or THROUGH you bullets and knife you in the back/chest.

The new kill streak system is kinda lame. For me, Im just an average player and so its hard to get kill streaks beyond 5. I guess Im glad the RC is only 3.

Same with me, i sometimes struggle to get 5 or 6 kills in a row, which is why i don't have the AC-130 or chopper gunner selected.

Though this does make me wonder - can one shoot the RC-XD and blow it up? I hope so because if you can't...well...expect alot of people to rage-quit.

Okay, Im going to revive this thread because I was the one who made it. lol

Only 6 days left until black ops is released and lots of new info has be released. Im LOVING it even more.

No quick scoping has me a little disappointed, though. :(
If it ends up REALLY unfair for the sniper rifles, then I'm sure Treyarch will patch it. :)

^While I love Halo, CoD will always be better. Its more realistic and laws of physics actually apply. (correctly apply)

Back