Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Supporter card named “Café Master” will debut in VMAX Climax, which will release in Japan on December 3rd.
Café Master – Trainer
Supporter
Choose up to 3 of your Benched Pokemon. Search your deck for that many basic Energy cards of different types and attach 1 to each Pokemon you chose. Then, shuffle your deck. Your turn ends.
You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn.
Café Masters own the Battle Cafés in Galar.
Most of the set will contain reprints, but there will be some new cards as well as cards with new artwork.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
4x Raikou Vivid Rare
4x min/cinccinno line
4/3 Sheep Line
4x Master Cafe
~rest just supporter and consistency cards
~~any extra space for disruption cards considering you wont be attacking until your second turn/T4 of the game

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Very cool design, encouraging multi-type decks. I'm not sure the "end your turn" clause is necessary, and it might just bury this card.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
This would be fine if they allowed it to be used on turn 1 going first. As is, it's only good on turn 1 going second, which is awkward.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
what the
this can be really really good
energy switch+this and a attach for turn that's a easy 3 different eenrgy type requirment no questions asked
the amazing rares+shady dealings
you dont even need the amazing rares but thats a good example
you have 1 or 2 sobbles 2 drizziles one for cafe master one for the energy switch and yeah
you can even get all the way up to 5 energy in 1 turn
cafe, 2 energy switch and a twin energy
thats yveltal amazing rare
there is a lot of potential here

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
This could've been a really nice card for creativity and encouraging multi prize decks...but they really had to add that "your turn ends." On an average day this is good let me just accelerate one energy from the deck to one of my pokemon.

Just read that it's only limited to bench pokemon... sigh. This really would have not been that game breaking. I'd rather play something like Dancer over this

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
4x Raikou Vivid Rare
4x min/cinccinno line
4/3 Sheep Line
4x Master Cafe
~rest just supporter and consistency cards
~~any extra space for disruption cards considering you wont be attacking until your second turn/T4 of the game
still not my bet as distruption cards as these decks aint that top tier atm. But i consider this concept.

My hot takes for this are:
1. Cafe Master ends your turn. You better use your supporter slot for Research to dig up some cards to use in a turn.
2. Let's say you use Cafe Master and the turn ends. Your opponent can mess your board and on your second turn, you still need to top deck that Energy Switch. This concept is too heavy on Evolutions that RS Urshifu can sweep it in 2 turns since iirc, none of them reaches 130 HP above and no Mew in the format (idk, if RS Urshifu is relevant atm, but still we have to consider this thing.)
3. Let's say again your Raikou do its main attack, expect your Raikou to be KOed next turn, because we don't ha e strong distruption cards in standard, not even a little bit.

Last edited:

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
You dont need to top deck the energy because you play a 4/4 line of Cincinno AND as I mentioned filling the other spots with consistency cards (e.g draw supporters AND pokegears. My comment about disruption cards is regarding if you manage to still have space left (after the 4ofs level/quick balls&evo incenses) then just bulk out w.e space is left with crushing hammers and fan of waves, to ensure you're not too much on the back foot of energy attachments etc

Nicholas Chang

Aspiring Trainer
what the
this can be really really good
energy switch+this and a attach for turn that's a easy 3 different eenrgy type requirment no questions asked
the amazing rares+shady dealings
you dont even need the amazing rares but thats a good example
you have 1 or 2 sobbles 2 drizziles one for cafe master one for the energy switch and yeah
you can even get all the way up to 5 energy in 1 turn
cafe, 2 energy switch and a twin energy
thats yveltal amazing rare
there is a lot of potential here
Xerneas from CB already setups up amazing rares really well. I don't think this supporter is going to be that great considering that your turn ends

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Gonna predict it right now: there will be an Indeedee card in Fusion Climax that allows you to play this without your turn ending.

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
Everyone else: Ooh, a card that might help bring out all that potential in Amazing Rares!
Me: Hm, yes, Smeargle.

In all seriousness, I don't think this will help Amazing Rares that much becuase it basically only sets one up, and it's a supporter that ends your turn, so it would be tough to try to set up energy acceleration while doing this. Alcremie could make it more viable to use this to repeatedly set up, but it would be a bit of a pain to set up a stage 1 and switch. I'm interetsed in if that can work, though, so I'll keep it in mind.
Let's say you use Reshiram. Manual attach, Cafe Master, Manual attach the next turn. You now have one Reshiram set up and two with an energy on. If you can somehow pull off another cafe master, you'll have Reshiram with 2, 2, and 1 energy after your current is KO'd, but that part would require Alcremie.