Contest CaC September '18: Back to Basics! (All Results Up!)

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Charmander & Litten GX – Fire – HP210
Basic - TAG TEAM

[R][R][R] Team Ember 150
Flip a coin. If heads, you opponent's active Pokémon is now burned and add 4 damage counters to this Special Condition (this affect can't be applied more than once)

[R][R][R] Tag Burn GX 170
If this Pokémon has at least 3 extra [R] Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack's cost), discard 4 Energy cards from your opponent's bench Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]

TAG TEAM RULE:
When your TAG TEAM is knocked out,
your opponent takes 3 Prize cards

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Reluctantly signs up for image....
Don't be expecting anything amazing though

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Minior <> – [F] – HP50
Basic Pokémon

<> (Prism Star) Rule: You can't have more than 1 <> card with the same name in your deck. If a <> card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Ability: Meteor Shower
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench during your turn, you may put 10 damage counters on your opponent's benched Pokémon in any way you like. If you do, your opponent may put 10 damage counters on your benched Pokémon in any way they like.

[F] Rock Blast
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon that has any damage counters on it.

Weakness: [G] (x2)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat: None

Strong impacts can knock it out of its shell. This Pokémon was born from mutated nanoparticles.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
My entry:
I created a new mechanic, Imaginary Pokemon, that are a play on Prism Stars crossed with GX Pokemon. Essentially a GX that gets placed in the lost zone if knocked out. Also, they have weird energy requirements, weakness/resistance, and moves/abilities.
IMAGINARY Dragonite 140 HP
Dragon Type
Basic

[ABILITY] Radioactive
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your bench, you may place two damage counters on both active Pokemon.

(F)(C) Ready Aim Fire
During your next turn, this Pokemon's attacks do 70 more damage.

(L)(L)(C) Thunder 70

IMAGINARY Rule
If this Pokemon is knocked out, your opponent draws two prize cards. If this Pokemon is knocked out by damage from an attack, place it into the lost zone.
Weakness - (P) x2
Resistance - (N) - 20

EDIT: Agghh forgot HP. I'll take the point penalty.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Aw come on, it only takes a second! What do you have to lose? Just do it :).
uuuuugh fine

Pikachu GX {E} 100HP

When one of your GX get knocked out blah blah blah

Ability: Single Weakness
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has Snivy in its name, you lose the game. If your opponents Active Pokémon has Arceus in its name, you win the game.

{E} Zappy Boi
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is renamed to Arceus. If tails, your opponents Active Pokémon is renamed to Snivy. This coin flip cannot be affected by abilities or trainer cards.

[C] Nerf It GX
If your opponent has a card in play with Buzzwole, Zoroark, or Shrine of Punishment in it's name, and you have a Judge in your hand, you may discard judge from your hand, have both your opponent and yourself shuffle their hand into their deck and draw 4 cards, and call a judge extremely loudly. The judge will instantly DQ your opponent and ban them from further tournaments, and give you a slow play warning. This GX attack can only be used if you have Judge in your hand.

Weakness: [G]
Resistance: [C]-300
Retreat: none

you are rignt, that didnt take too long

oh i rejoined, just saying

Last edited:

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
uuuuugh fine

Pikachu GX {E} 100HP

When one of your GX get knocked out blah blah blah

Ability: Single Weakness
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has Snivy in its name, you lose the game. If your opponents Active Pokémon has Arceus in its name, you win the game.

{E} Zappy Boi
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is renamed to Arceus. If tails, your opponents Active Pokémon is renamed to Snivy. This coin flip cannot be affected by abilities or trainer cards.

[C] Nerf It GX
If your opponent plays a card or has a card in play with Buzzwole, Zoroark, or Shrine of Punishment in it's name from now until the rest of the game, and you have a Judge in your hand, you may discard judge from your hand, have both your opponent and yourself shuffle their hand into their deck and draw 4 cards, and call a judge extremely loudly. The judge will instantly DQ your opponent and ban them from further tournaments, and give you a slow play warning. This GX attack can only be used if you have Judge in your hand.

Weakness: [G]
Resistance: [C]-300
Retreat: none

you are rignt, that didnt take too long

oh i rejoined, just saying

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get a perfect score.

Yog

Rogue
Hi! I fixed my Photoshop, so consider this sign-up and entry all in one.

Nothing super impressive, I was mostly testing to see if I could find my way around the updated program. But here's a little babby

oT1WSLt.png

So mostly I made this for the second attack. Obviously the whole point here is that deliciously dark lore that is associated with Cubone, and the dead mothers being the discard/grave. Cubone also has an interesting branch evolution of sorts now, with no Alolan Cubone but an alt version of the evo.

The first attack is a nod to the Alolan trend for him now, of energy acceleration. Mostly I just thought of the name and couldn't resist.

In comparison with say, Night March, it is not too over-powered I hope. Of course in Expanded it could be very powerful with all the [F] support and items like battle compressor. But then you only have four attackers (more if you start considering Marshadow GX and the likes), and you cap out at 90 with all Marowaks discarded before adding modifiers.

50hp is a little low but it is a bit too good a card already so some limitations were required. For the same reason you accelerate basic energies which will screw with attempts to build this deck with DCE or Strong energy. This needs to come from the discard, which is where you are also trying to dump many Marowaks so that can help and hinder your build. I did leave it all colourless so the attempt could be made to use a special energy mix, and also so it can be part of an [F], [R] or even future [P] build where this is just one part of a bigger strategy.

My own template, but icons and font guide from the ever-present @aschefield101

The image actually is a 3D print by Nick Schwerin. I love how tactile it is. You can find him here and even print off your own if you have the faculties.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
My card upload cont.

I was joking with my brother about how broken Pikachu was and how it beat arceus but it lost to a level 4 snivy

and I also think that buzzwole, shrine, and zoroark break the meta,

so I combined it all into one meta-destroying card

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Actually I want to change from text to image, if thats okay.
That's fine, but given that you've already submitted one entry, it'll be treated as though you've edited your submission and you'll correspondingly lose two points. You good with that? ^.^

Gabs Kazumi

Amateur Illustrator @kazumi.draws
I've been following the CaC contests since the last month and finally got the guts to try an entry too.

Count me in for the Image-Based please o/