Byes Good Bad??

Are Byes Good

• Total voters
RE: Byes Good Bad?

Byes are terrabad in small events such as cities. They are no points, or opponent's win.

However, in big tournaments, such as nationals or worlds, a win is a win, right? All X-2s generally make it to topY, so a win is good.

Generally, though, a bye is worse than a loss.

Yeah. Ever notice how a win percentage will determine who goes on (after the number of wins)? So a bye will screw you up unless you are a terrible player who never wins anything.

Actually, if you get a Bye in the first round, you can rejoice. Because if you do good, the Bye actually helps your tiebreak. If you get it in a later round, THEN its crud to have.

They are awful beacuse you went to the pokemon tourney to play pokemon not to stand around the shop for 40+ minutes.

I haven't ever gotten a bye. How does it affect your ranking?

Mach said:
I haven't ever gotten a bye. How does it affect your ranking?

Not. Just like a pairing against someone from another division.
When it comes to Resistance, it can be good and bad. The better you do, the better your bye treats you. I once went 4-1 with a starting bye, ending me to be the highest 4-1 of them all. But go 3-2 and its already a lot less good for you.

I got a bye a couple of times. It wasn't that helpful because I didn't get to play the first round.

I can speak with experience because I have been playing for a looonng time. Now, byes are NEVER bad, and DO NOT effect your opponent's win % AT ALL. You may think it does but really, but it is the person that you did not play who "helps" your resistence. For instance, you lose the first round, then you get a bye; and you did not have to play against the person that is 0-2.

Back