• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BW-on, Eels with Zekrom and Raikou

chichi326

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone knows the strategy by now... just seeing if i can improve my list. should i switch the prisms out for WLFM blend when they are available?

16 Pokémon
4-3 Eelektrik
2 Zekrom
1 Terrakion
2 Thundurus
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Raikou EX
1 Rayquaza EX

T/S/S 32
4 juniper
4 N
3 cheren
4 catcher
2 max potion
3 lvl ball
3 ultra ball
2 eviolite
2 random reciever
2 SAB
2 switch
1 super rod

Energy 12
8 Lightning
2 prism
2 dce

I have a pretty similar deck, and I might add a Rayquaza EX to it, I'm not sure yet.

Is Mewtwo the main attacker?

If so you should have at least 2 DCE.

In my opinion, Terrakion is not needed. All Darkrai decks will have many Eviolites to counter Terrakion and almost no one will play Pluspower because it is so situational and the chances of having it when you need it is very low. If you have an Eviolited Zekrom, Darkrai can't one shot you and you can 2 shot it. Also, I think another DCE is needed. It is helpful in many ways. It can retreat an Eelektrik when you don't have a Switch and you play 2 Mewtwo. 4 Catcher is needed in this new format. There is no more Junk Arm and the only cards that can get it back are Sableye and Recycle which I don't see in here.I suggest taking out a Max Potion for the Catcher.

Should i make these changes then?
-1 Terrakion
-1 Max Potion
-1 of something else
+ 1 DCE
+ 1 catcher
+ 1 Rayquaza EX

I think the 'something else' should be a prism- 3 prisms aren't needed with only 1 Terrakion.

I disagree with DCE AND Prisms; it kind of ruins the consistency of {L}. And something about using Rayquaza and Terrakion feels a little wrong. What I think I would do is take out Terrakion and DCE because Rayquaza can OHKO all of the 180 EX's, where as Terrakion just hits Darkrai, Raikou, and Zekrom. If they have Eviolite, you'd need a Plus Power. If you had Rayquaza, you could just attach another energy.

Mora said:
I disagree with DCE AND Prisms; it kind of ruins the consistency of {L}. And something about using Rayquaza and Terrakion feels a little wrong. What I think I would do is take out Terrakion and DCE because Rayquaza can OHKO all of the 180 EX's, where as Terrakion just hits Darkrai, Raikou, and Zekrom. If they have Eviolite, you'd need a Plus Power. If you had Rayquaza, you could just attach another energy.

I think i may take out terrakion, but i still need prisms for rayquaza EX

Back