• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzwole/Weavile (Need Thoughts!!!)

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Going to a Sanctioned tournament after spending some time away from Pokemon. I realize that Buzzwole isn't as competitive as it once was, but I thought it would be cool to work on a deck that intrigued me. This deck was in Bristol Regionals this year:

Pokémon (11)

3 Buzzwole-GX CIN

2 Sneasel UPR

2 Weavile BUS

2 Jirachi TEU

1 Buzzwole FLI

1 Diancie ♢ FLI

Trainer (38)

4 Lillie

3 Cynthia

3 Erika's Hospitality

3 Guzma

2 Acerola

1 Professor Kukui

3 Beast Ring

3 Ultra Ball

2 Nest Ball

2 Switch

2 Escape Rope

1 Max Potion

1 Rescue Stretcher

1 Field Blower

3 Choice Band

2 Escape Board

2 Brooklet Hill

Energy (11)

10 Fighting Energy

1 Beast Energy ♢

Being a former Buzzwole GX fan and player, following are a few thoughts for your consideration:
  • I'm not a fan of that Jirachi at all for several reasons; so, consider replacing it with Pokégear 3.0 which is an effective equivalent, but not an easy, 1HKO prize.
  • Little Buzz is a great Pokémon; I'd suggest you bump up its count.
Suggested deck changes are:

-2 Jirachi
-2 Escape Board
-1 Acerola - 2 seem excessive in the 1HKO current environment now
-1 Max Potion

+1 Buzzwole GX - to maximize your chances of starting with it
+2 Buzzwole
+1 Cynthia - more card-draw support
+2 Pokégear 3.0

You may want to test Tate & Liza vs. Erika's Hospitality. T&L offers a bit more versatility, IMO.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Being a former Buzzwole GX fan and player, following are a few thoughts for your consideration:
  • I'm not a fan of that Jirachi at all for several reasons; so, consider replacing it with Pokégear 3.0 which is an effective equivalent, but not an easy, 1HKO prize.
  • Little Buzz is a great Pokémon; I'd suggest you bump up its count.
Suggested deck changes are:

-2 Jirachi
-2 Escape Board
-1 Acerola - 2 seem excessive in the 1HKO current environment now
-1 Max Potion

+1 Buzzwole GX - to maximize your chances of starting with it
+2 Buzzwole
+1 Cynthia - more card-draw support
+2 Pokégear 3.0

You may want to test Tate & Liza vs. Erika's Hospitality. T&L offers a bit more versatility, IMO.

I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thank you. The version I'm actually testing right now doesn't run Jirachi, but instead has a Lele and an extra baby Buzzwole. I really like the Pokegear 3.0 idea, will try that out. Also, 4 Buzzwole? Ok, I'll take your word for it. It does sound practical the more I think about it.

Thank you. The version I'm actually testing right now doesn't run Jirachi, but instead has a Lele and an extra baby Buzzwole. I really like the Pokegear 3.0 idea, will try that out. Also, 4 Buzzwole? Ok, I'll take your word for it. It does sound practical the more I think about it.
The 4th Buzzwole GX is there to maximize your chances of starting with it. Should you not need it, it can become Ultra Ball fodder.

Attacking T2, doing 30-30 damage, applies some early pressure; plus, you "setting the board" when your other Buzzwoles can eventually join the battle and get KOs. By the way, that 1st Buzzwole GX could get KOd "purposely" for it, hopefully damaged opponents' key Pokémon, activated your Beast Rings and also positioned little Buzzwole to do a mighty Sledgehammer attack!

Back