BW/BW2 Buy?

Unless you live in Japan, you are going to have to import it. Play Asia is the best source for importing, and Ebay, you can't always trust Ebay, so I recommend Play Asia. Do you want a link?

Also try yesasia.com. They're cheaper than playasia.com.

They are reliable. I've ordered Japanese versions of Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold from them.

If you're planning on getting the game after it is released, I would strongly advise against using eBay. I got my first copy of Pokemon Diamond off eBay (apparently brand-new and factory-sealed), but after playing for a couple of weeks my pokemon summary screen had a really bad glitch (a portion of it had been invaded by evil random-coloured squares D: ), and it occasinally froze when I entered a battle. Thinking this faulty game was just a one-off, I bought a second copy of the game (again from eBay), but my save data frequently got deleted (I suspect the internal battery had died), so now I just play Platinum (which my mum got me for Christmas, but I don't know where from).

Moral of the post: Don't trust eBay!!!

play-asia! When I tried to get Pokemon diamond on ebay in Japanese I ended up getting that old gameboy fake 1 lol

Careful though, I read somewhere that it won't work on an American DSi because of the enhanced DSi features. So only import if you're planning on playing it on a DSphat or DS Lite!

My brother would lend me his dslite if thats true, but since it a one language game it should work... Should!

The game has been advertised for the DS as well as DSi, so ideally it should be fine. Some features that are DSi-only won't work for the Lite, and possibly not for American DSi's, though it's not definite. DSi only
games are region protected, but Pokemon B/W is not DSi only as far as I can see.

If you do buy from Play-Asia, notice it says "No Region Protection". Which means if for whatever reason it isn't compatible, you have a reason to send it back.

Pokemon generally caters for all audiences - it still had the Pal Park on HGSS even though the DSi was the default DS at the time.

But yes as everyones been saying you must be weary of the DSI'S enhancement capabilities.

NDenizen said:
If you do buy from Play-Asia, notice it says "No Region Protection". Which means if for whatever reason it isn't compatible, you have a reason to send it back.
I've said this many times on theese forums, but I'll say it again;

Sonic Classic Collection is proven to be region locked even though Play-Asia states it has "No Region Protection". I love the site, but this is something they need to fix. I'm also pretty sure that Black and White will be region locked as well, so be careful unless you don't own a DSi.

Okay, okay. Just to clear things up once and for all, Black and White are indeed region locked when played on the DSi, DSi XL and probably 3DS.
Yet another reason not to import. :3

FireMeowth said:
Okay, okay. Just to clear things up once and for all, Black and White are indeed region locked when played on the DSi, DSi XL and probably 3DS.
Yet another reason not to import. :3

On what basis? I don't recall anyone saying it was a DSi only game..

...Nor are they. But they've got DSi exclusive features, and are therefore region locked on the systems that can use those features.
They're not region locked when played on inferior systems like the DS and DS Lite.

FireMeowth said:
...Nor are they. But they've got DSi exclusive features, and are therefore region locked on the systems that can use those features.
They're not region locked when played on inferior systems like the DS and DS Lite.

I would call DS Lite very much superior to the Bells and Whistles on the DSi, but that's just my opinion :p

I can imagine DSi-only features being locked for foreign DSi systems, but the entire game itself? That seems unlikely.

Well, just look at... any other game with DSi-exclusive features. They're all (entirely) region locked on DSi systems.

Back