Bunnelby Deck-Out Deck

Ghazernado

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
So this deck is a joke, but recently me and a friend were talking. We were saying if you had four Ancient Trait Bunnelby cards, nothing but Hypnotoxic Laser, other Team Flare gear, and healing items, you could win the game by having only four cards and just using Burrow. If you only had four Pokemon, your opponent would just keep drawing cards to the point where they would run out of cards in their deck. Could this actually work?

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
RE: Joke Deck That Could Actually Work

First of all, if you mulligan, the opponent has a choice to draw mulligan cards, they don't have to.

Then there's trump card. If you use Hand scope to know when it is in their hand or way to get it then use hand disruption cards like red card, it could work. 4 Bunnelbys aren't enough because 1 energy attackers like Landorus EX can still destroy the bunnies before you can deck them out.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

A deck like this probably wouldnt work. Bunnelby would easily get knocked out and your oppenent would KO all of your pokemon. And Lysandres Trump card is pretty much a one of staple in every deck including night march decks so Mill decks just wont be good unless there is a way to mill with them not being able o play supporters.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Ironman131 said:
A deck like this probably wouldnt work. Bunnelby would easily get knocked out and your oppenent would KO all of your pokemon. And Lysandres Trump card is pretty much a one of staple in every deck including night march decks so Mill decks just wont be good unless there is a way to mill with them not being able o play supporters.

Now that you say that.....Exeggutor PLF + Ninjask from Roaring Skies.... You can even use the Exeggcute already in the deck to help discard from your hand....

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

With the free retreat on nijask that might actually work with keldeo EX or alot of switching cards. I am definatly going to try and build that deck when roaring skies comes out.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
I made a whole decklist revolving around Bunnelby, then the Ninjask/Exeggcute combo before I realised that Ninjask had to be active for its Ability to work. That was upsetting.

That said, it does have free retreat cost, so maybe you could do some odd combo involving AZ and retreats into Bunnelby to mill about 4 per turn (more with Trick Shovel). I'm just still sad you can't mill a potential 6-10 per turn with 4 Ninjask on the bench :(

socery

I love being bad
Ms Hugo said:
I made a whole decklist revolving around Bunnelby, then the Ninjask/Exeggcute combo before I realised that Ninjask had to be active for its Ability to work. That was upsetting.

That said, it does have free retreat cost, so maybe you could do some odd combo involving AZ and retreats into Bunnelby to mill about 4 per turn (more with Trick Shovel). I'm just still sad you can't mill a potential 6-10 per turn with 4 Ninjask on the bench :(

This is not true. If you read the scans, it doesn't say anything about being active.

WhoopsyDaisy

Aspiring Trainer
socery said:
Ms Hugo said:

This is not true. If you read the scans, it doesn't say anything about being active.

The translation of the Ninjask scan:

"Ability: Wing Buzz
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may discard a card from your hand. Then, discard the top card of your opponent’s deck.
[G][C] Spectrum Attack: 30 damage. Search your deck for 2 Ninjask and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."

Yeah, gotta be active :/

JasonRox

Aspiring Trainer
WhoopsyDaisy said:
socery said:

The translation of the Ninjask scan:

"Ability: Wing Buzz
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may discard a card from your hand. Then, discard the top card of your opponent’s deck.
[G][C] Spectrum Attack: 30 damage. Search your deck for 2 Ninjask and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."

Yeah, gotta be active :/

Yes and so you start with Ninjack active, use ability. Then retreat to Bunnelby.

Ninjack has no retreat cost.

Blah

DBT
And then switch back every turn?

The only possible theoretical strategy would be Ninjask/Exeggutor to stop Trump Card--but that not only would be very gimmicky and inconsistent (because the instant you missed one blockade you would lose on the spot because of Trump), but since Ninjask has to be active, switching in an out of Exeggutor every turn would be nearly impossible, not to mention that you're only getting 1 card milled that way since you can't retreat multiple times.