Bungie's "Destiny"

Guts

CyberPhunk
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1BM9XRgvw[/video]

In case you haven't heard, Bungie, the developer studio that brought us Halo, is once again working on a huge project! Here are a few snippets of information, straight from Destiny's website:

Background said:
Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. It sparked a Golden Age when our civilization spanned the solar system, but it didn't last. Something hit us, knocked us down. The survivors built a city beneath the Traveler, and have begun to explore our old worlds, only to find them filled with deadly foes.

You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Defend the City. Defeat our enemies. Reclaim all that we have lost.

Be brave.

Key Features said:
The next evolution of entertainment — an incredible story set within a newly-imagined, always-connected universe filled with action and adventure.

Create your character, forge your legend by defeating powerful foes, and earn unique and customizable weapons, gear, and vehicles.

Unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay, including story, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes combined with public and social activities.

And there's already a ton of other information out there, such as playable classes, weapons, environments, and much more. The game is confirmed to run on both the PS3/360, and even better, the PS4 and Xbox One. PC too! I'm extremely hyped for the game, but then again, I'm easy to impress. What do you guys think? Another bland shooter, or could Bungie bring us something entirely new?

That looks great! I'm really hoping to learn more about the story, which looks like they're focusing on the most. If its not one of those 60 dollar games, I'll definitely try to get it.

I can't imagine it being any lower than 60 bucks at release, especially for PS4 and One. The price might go down after a while.

^Yeah.

Last I checked, they had it for the PS4 at Gamestop for $100

I think this game is going to incredible. Bungie has always been one of my favorite developers. I like that the guy from Breaking Bad is in the trailer, too. The whole presentation is impressive. So yeah, I'm hyped. :)

Bo$$_89 said:
^Yeah.

First of all, they don't, and second of all, that would be absurd for a standard edition game. $60 will continue this generation.

PyroKinesis said:
Bo$$_89 said:
^Yeah.

First of all, they don't, and second of all, that would be absurd for a standard edition game. $60 will continue this generation.

At one point they did

If next-gen games were all $100, I'd just throw my wallet out of my car window now and save myself the hassle later.

I also saw the trailer for the game on TV last night, so it's good to see Bungie/Activision putting forth some effort on the ad campaign.

Back