Discussion Building around Kiawe

mrfr1day

Aspiring Trainer
I thought about using it around maybe lele or Lugia. Turn one you have 5 energy or more doing 100+ by your second turn. Sounds okay right? What are some other ideas you guys have?

Well, any colorless deck can run it but Lugia does seem like a great user for the card. Mega Mewtwo can use it well as well.

I want to try out Blaziken-EX, Flip a coin for each [R] energy attached to it, each heads does 20, and with V-Flip, That about 100-200 damage turn 2.

I'm testing it as proxy in my deck (incineroar and victini based) and I have to admit is a game changer.
Onestly my hope is to see a very usable charizard gx, even if this card as somebody said works great in any colorless pokemon-based decks

The best user of this card will probably be Flareon-EX. Wish baton, Turntornator-GX and Volcanion give a fire turbo style of deck a lot of options when it comes to building damage quickly. Historically the card has mostly been used as a one-of in Volcanion lists but the speed at which you can accumulate energy and the speed at which you can recover energy will probably see people increasing its presence. You'll still use most of the current components of a volc list but with different numbers.

Ho-oh in an Incineroar deck can use it T1 play your stuff, then Kiawe. T2 Eternal Light to place 3 Incineroar on the bench

You have to get your Incineroars in discard first though, and sky field is gone at rotation. Tiger Swing doesn't really have a favorable energy cost and if you use GX to bench your GX evos, you can't use Incineroar's ridiculously good GX attack which is the main reason you'd put 3 energy on him instead of using him as a sky field attacker for 1 R.

Using Ho-oh's GX attack for bench building will be more of an expanded thing because of how much more consistent compressor makes it IMO. I think the card is strong in its own right in standard as a non-water weak option for fire decks but the GX attack is lackluster compared to Nitro Tank, which is less necessary in expanded where Blacksmith is still around for speedy fire energy recovery.

While it's a very forgotten card, Delphox gains plenty from kiawe. The fact that you don't even need the energy on the active makes it even better since Delphox is similar to Darkrai EX. not only this, but Delphox decks usually run some kind of acceleration anyway, so being able to use kiawe t1 and volcanion\turtonator the two to have over 9 energy on your board (theoretically) and hit for 180 is too promising. I think people skim over Delphox, but it has huge potential in a slow metagame.

Turn one Kiawe on Necrozma ...Second turn you already have enough attached energy to us GX and normal attack. This then forces them to make harder decisions for sure

Back