• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Budget Metagross GX?

Cutegummybear

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (16)
4x Beldum
3x Metang
4x Metagross
2x Alolan Vulpix
1x Mimikyu
1x Dhelmise
1x Giratina

Trainer (34)
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
2x Skyla
2x Guzma
1x Brigette
2x Nest Ball
4x Ultra Ball
3x Choice Band
1x Professor’s Letter
1x Rescue Stretcher
4x Max Potion
3x Field Blower
3x Rare Candy

Energy (10)
8x Metal
2x Psychic

I’ve been messing around with decklists, and discovered some unconventional cards could do good. Giratina is really good against Greninja because lowering their damage output to 40 damage a turn really swings the matchup in your favor. Dhelmise lets Metagross 0HKO some pesky Pokémon like Buzzwole or the occasional Golisopod (not GX). Max Potion is the star of the deck, so i put the full four in. Finally, Mimikyu lets the deck win against fire-type decks, by copying Phoenix Burn, Bright Flane, or any other attack that could help. However, I have found some inconsistency issues in the opening few turns. Is there anything I can do to improve my deck (no Tapu Lele)?

Back