BRs this weekend

gyrasion

Aspiring Trainer
wich deck should i play out of the following:
1.kingdra-i love the deck.but ive come to except the fact it is very dependant on having a hand
2.AMU-the deck is very fun.but...i still need azelf lv.x wich i could possibly borrow but theres always the chance it becomes unavailable
3.infernape-i deck ive developed and i believe is on its way to greatness but..with all the kingdra jazz running around a fire deck may not be the best choice.
4.magnezone-decks great but...same problem as AMU i need 2 magnezone to complete the deck.
as you can see im in a desperate situation and i know that taking advice from random ppl on the beach may not be the best idea but i honestly dont care about the 1st BR cuz im goin to 3 more =]]]]

^but he doesn't want to. i would say go infernape if your area is newbs cuz they won't know what kingdra is or how good it is but if it's a good meta i say magneozne out of those choices

thats the problem half of the tournament comes from ppl out of town so i have no idea whats popular till the day of the event
my first choice would be kingdra but idk if im gunna see alot of kingdra oor alot of counter-kingdra so its a difficult choice

Screw what's popular. Run a deck that you feel comfortable with, and that you feel can beat the competition. That's how a true Master plays. :mad:

Write out decklists for Kingdra, AMU, and Magnezone, and have the decks put together except the cards you don't have. Before the tournament starts try to see what decks people have, then decide what deck you want to play, then you can try to get the cards you need for AMU or Magnezone if you decide to play one of those.

airconditioning said:
Screw what's popular. Run a deck that you feel comfortable with, and that you feel can beat the competition. That's how a true Master plays. :mad:

im comfortable with all of these decks
i dont know what can beat the competition becuz i dont no wat the competition is
and btw if half of the decks were counter kingdra in ur division would u play kingdra in a official tournament?i doubt it even if u play tested with kingdra for hours

try to get there early and then write a deck list for all your decks then go see what other people are playing in you age group and play the deck that counters it the best (or just run something fun)

elekid957 said:
try to get there early and then write a deck list for all your decks then go see what other people are playing in you age group and play the deck that counters it the best (or just run something fun)

Or just print them up ahead of time and have all of them ready.

airconditioning said:

If only that were so easy. Most masters only care about winning. And then originality suffers immensely.

Play infernape.
You'll always have more fun playing a deck you made yourself than playing someone else's.

^most of my lists for these decks i wrote so none of them r net decked.
and im leaning towards infernape.

airconditioning said:
True Masters believe in themselves and choose the right deck on their own. :mad:

maybe he's in Seniors or Juniors, not Masters :p hahahahaha

but anyways, is going to be really hard for people to tell you which deck is the better choice to play when each deck can have so many different build. so depends on how your decklist (not saying that you should post your list or anything), you should choose the one that you think is the best.

humm ... if your Kingdra or AMU decks are similar to the ones people post up here :( than i have to say go with infernape (i assume you are running ape and kiss?). with a little plus power and bucks trainning, you one shot Kingdras. than again, depends on your list :D

trevorispro said:
and btw if half of the decks were counter kingdra in ur division would u play kingdra in a official tournament?I doubt it even if u play tested with kingdra for hours

No, because I think Kingdra is overrated and would never play it (at least not solo Kingdra. :/). But that's not the point. :mad:

Bidier said:
maybe he's in Seniors or Juniors, not Masters :p hahahahaha

As of last night, his signature was, "This is my first year as a Master. It's time for me to start playing like one." Or something along those lines.

Infernape all the way. People are starting to realize Kingdra's not all its hyped up to be. Its good but not the best. I would watch out for Empozong though. Try 1-1 or 2-2 Electrode tech =O

Kingdra to counter ape and do a lot of quick damage.
May want to back it up w/ a heavy hitter or even Wailord...meh.
air conditioning, nobody here wants to be a true master, they just want to win. :p

Lies. Everyone wants to be the very best, that no one ever was. In addition, everybody wants 2 B A master, everybody wants to show their skills.

Stop arguing over being a true master and playing the best deck and winning. If you can't decide what to play, fine, that's understandable. But if you start asking us what to play, you might as well stick a piece of paper saying "I'm a noob and I listen to PB to play". Don't do that. We don't really know your playstyle. We don't know what your league is like. We don't even know what they play.

Don't listen to us and just listen to yourself.

BTW. Infernape fails :p.

zyflair's sig said:
Its a new season for Pokemon TCG. I'm now a Master and I plan on playing like one.

Oh wait, YOU were the one who had that sig? Shoot, I mistook you two. All you avatar-less people all look the same to me. :mad:

zyflair said:
BTW. Infernape fails :p.

Yeah, you'll be eating those words when Heatran comes out to play.

Anyway, Trevor, what you should do, is play any of your three decks. Which one are you most comfortable with? Use it over the weekend as a meta-game scout and go from there. See what decks you see the most, and what counters you can use. There are a lot of younger people on this site, and unfortunately, a lot of the tactics that work for juniors and seniors don't work for masters.

Back