• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bronzong / Dialga EX / Aegislash EX

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww
Pokemon:

• 4 Bronzor
    3 Bronzong
    2 Dialga-EX
    2 Aegislash-EX
    1 Cobalion-EX
    1 Heatran
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Ultra Ball
    2 Evosoda
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Computer Search
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Battle Compressor
    2 Switch
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Startling Megaphone
    2 Float Stone
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Steel Shelter

4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
    3 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
Energy:

• 3 DCE
    8 Metal Energy

Strategy:
A pretty standard-ish Bronzong list, but with a few changes. I run 2 Dialga/2 Aegislash over 3 Dialga/1 Aegislash because I personally really like the opportunities Aegislash can open by forcing the opponent to play around their strategy in many cases. I simply run two because I want as little as chance of all of them being prized as possible. When it comes to the item list, however, I go even more defensive by adding in Head Ringer and Sacred Ash. Head Ringer is a really nice combo with Aegislash because it gives them just another obstacle they must get around without their special energy (eat your heart out, DCE!).

Things that I could think about fitting in: Seismitoad EX (cya Victini, even though I don't actually have problems with it anyhow), Keldeo EX (nice for retreats but bench space is tight enough as is), Max Potion (obv), more supporters?? (???)

First bump! Playing with it more I still don't see any glaring problems, but I still think Sacred Ash is just a dead card (which means there is probably more in there) so I'd still like some second opinions, haha.

Okay, problems are starting to become more apparent now, just none of them are really big problems yet. Just some notes I have so far:

1) Sacred Ash needs to go. People want those two prizes, not the one prize off Bronzong. I only really put it in there to revive Bronzongs so it makes it a moot card.
2) Garbodor sucks. Megaphone would be nice.
3) Head Ringers/Float Stones on Attackers sucks. Tool Retriever would be nice.
4) Supporters droughts in the game beginning are like... almost stupidly common. I can recover nicely most of the time, but it'd be nice to be more consistent.
5) There are a lot of games where I feel pressured like I'm running out of attacker to use... but I really never do. Even a game where a Dialga, an Aegislash AND Cobalion were prized I really didn't feel like I was being screwed by low Poke counts. So I don't think I need to fix that.

At this point I'm thinking of these changes...
-1 Sacred Ash
-1 Steel Shelter
-1 Xerosic
+1 Startling Megaphone
+1 Pokemon Fan Club
+1 Metal Energy

Also kinda wondering how much those Head Ringer are hurting consistency, but they're such a nice disruption card...

Including your changes I would also drop the skylas for another N and maybe a shauna. I would also consider dropping the evosoda and adding anothe shauna and VS seeker.

Could you please update your original post with the changes you made to your deck list? Thanks!

Ah yeah, I was getting on that but got distracted and forgot to, thanks for the reminder ^^;;

I can consider dropping the Skylas, but the Evosodas are really, really nice for getting Bronzong out ASAP. Of course, I could still be fine without them so I'll play around with it some and see how that works out.

Back