'BREAKpoint' Setlist Discussion

To be honest, I don't think they're gonna have both Professor's Birch Observations and Professor Sycamore in the same set.
But that's just me :p

I expect Shauna and Double Colorless Energy to be in here honestly, and Switch almost certainly will not. The last prints of Shauna and DCE were Phantom Forces, which is a set that's likely to rotate out next rotation. (Not that that's any time soon, of course, but with the two Decks necessitating a bunch of reprints here anyway, it makes sense for this stuff to be here instead of some future set/product.) Also, I could see Switch (and a lot of the other cards you removed, perhaps barring Great Ball) showing up in the upcoming Trainer Kit. (Which may very well have been conceived just to reprint them, with it being a Pokken tie-in an afterthought, though this is a wild guess.)

Who here is hoping for a Full Aqua Palkia-EX in this set? I sure am. It has to be done at some point, for completion's sake xD.
awesome! would love that, but as of now, it's not going to happen

Please tell me Skyla FA is more than 50% likely! I sure hope that IF we get it that it is the Japanese Megumi Mizutani artwork. It's so beautiful! I really want one because I have to make do with a super damaged BCR FA Skyla

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thinking about Luxray Break :):):) Also, I'm glad to see RED GYRADOS make a huge "splash" (pun intended) again! The first shiny everyone had! Still the only one I ever caught!

Definitely gonna get the Elite Trainer Box and the theme decks. The set is arriving next week, and I'm not really sure if I should also get the blister boosters, or save it for the Generations set. Oh, choices, choices... :confused:

I expect Shauna and Double Colorless Energy to be in here honestly, and Switch almost certainly will not. The last prints of Shauna and DCE were Phantom Forces, which is a set that's likely to rotate out next rotation. (Not that that's any time soon, of course, but with the two Decks necessitating a bunch of reprints here anyway, it makes sense for this stuff to be here instead of some future set/product.) Also, I could see Switch (and a lot of the other cards you removed, perhaps barring Great Ball) showing up in the upcoming Trainer Kit. (Which may very well have been conceived just to reprint them, with it being a Pokken tie-in an afterthought, though this is a wild guess.)

Disappointed that DCE(despite the Emboar-EX vs. Togekiss-EX Kit), VS Seeker, and Shauna didn't make it in, but I have a feeling that there are cards that can exponentially intensify Puzzle of Time's second effect(put two cards from discard pile into your hand), like Malamar AOR(w/ Trash Tentacle), Musharna PHF(w/ Dream of Memories), among other cards(such as AT Bunnelby PRC) in ways that can make decks have a mini-Lysandre's TC effect, with or without VS Seeker. Mini because not all cards from discard are drawn and put back in use, Lysandre's TC because such cards could put Special energy and hammers back in play at the player's will, but the only thing about LTC that those cards are not is the effect also applying to the other player... Yet, I believe that such cards nullify the need for a VS Seeker reprint... By all means, I hope such cards stay in the game until their expansions rotate out by age, unlike LTC, which did not... :(

Back