Boundaries Crossed Pre Release Deck Ideas

MamsPokemon

Proud PokeTuber.!
With Boundaries Crossed Releases this weekend Ive been thinking on what to hope to pull and what to hope not to play against

So in Dragons Exalted we had the Quad Rayquaza deck that took a couple pre releases. It just consisted on loads of fire/lightning energy and one Rayquaza EX. Celestial Roar/KO, you kept the process going until you took your 4 Prizes

Now my question is.. Do you guys see any similar cheap ways to win with common/uncommons. Or OP EXs?

I thought maybe a Landorus EX with nothing but fighting energy. It could take two prizes every two turns, maybe even dunk the opponent.

Swoobat with its Mill type attack. Keep loading him with Psychic energy and trying to deck out the opponent

Gliscor to poison your opponent. 2-3 turns max to KO most of the weak common basics

Feel free to leave your crazy/tacky ideas below!

RE: Boundaries Crossed Pre Release Deck

I think you have pretty much covered most of it as far as the currently revealed cards go haha. I do believe that the scolipede line will also be good, even without Aspertia city gym.

Don't mill in a pre release. It's not like you'll ditch a Catcher or anything important, probably just energies. No where near as disruptive as in a real, competitive match.

Since this isn't a decklist and is more discussion of types of decks we could see at Prereleases, it doesn't really belong in the Deck Garage. I'll move it.

*Moved*

Just from the skimming of the set so far this is what I've seen:

Psyduck screws over Fire Energy attached to anything (not sure if enough Fire will be played to warrant it though...).

Delibird's Present is really good at the beginning of the game.

Munna is a sick bench-sitter that can put the Opponent to sleep. High risk, high reward though.

Trapinch is good Energy disruption early (think Stunky from Dragons Exalted). Purrloin can also be a flippy Catcher, so that's always nice.

Dunsparce is probably the best starter in the set. Double Draw on a Common? More like Virizion on steroids for a Prerelease.

dmaster out.

MamsPokemon said:
So in Dragons Exalted we had the Quad Rayquaza deck that took a couple pre releases. It just consisted on loads of fire/lightning energy and one Rayquaza EX.

Quad Rayquaza with only one Rayquaza?

Mudkip711 said:
MamsPokemon said:
So in Dragons Exalted we had the Quad Rayquaza deck that took a couple pre releases. It just consisted on loads of fire/lightning energy and one Rayquaza EX.

Quad Rayquaza with only one Rayquaza?

It went on to be called Quad Rayquaza lol but yes good point. Sorry about that

Ursus said:
MamsPokemon said:
It went on to be called Quad Rayquaza lol but yes good point. Sorry about that

wut

Who ever played quad Rayquaza?

I have a friend that used it for laughs, I heard of one winning a PR
and some people on PTCGO would recognizedit when I used it. I would get the "oh its the celestial roar shenanigans" or "good luck man, I run a Sigilyph"

MamsPokemon said:
Ursus said:
wut

Who ever played quad Rayquaza?

I have a friend that used it for laughs, I heard of one winning a PR
and some people on PTCGO would recognizedit when I used it. I would get the "oh its the celestial roar shenanigans" or "good luck man, I run a Sigilyph"

How about "You got lucky"? lol I usually get that from some people.

I think the Venipede family with 4 potions (Fingers crossed I don't pull 4 of them) would be amusing. Maybe add in a rocky helmet too. It'll be quite the poisonous match for my opponent. :p

Anyone Notice-
Gardevoir (Psychic Mirage Ability, from Next Destinies)
Swoobat (Jet Woofer, Boundaries Crossed)
Say if you attach 5 energy, you are discarding 1/6th of your opponent's deck when you attack. Plus, they're drawing, maybe using more trainers to take stuff out of their deck, etc.

k wut u wanna do is get sum blastos and keldos and water nrgs and u will win and u cud also get 1 lanrus and 39 enrgy not al fiting bcuz then u wud hav to discard thm all but u can do liek 28 fite and 11 other or sumthin up to u an u hav a god chanc at winin

Mewtwomaster said:
Anyone Notice-
Gardevoir (Psychic Mirage Ability, from Next Destinies)
Swoobat (Jet Woofer, Boundaries Crossed)
Say if you attach 5 energy, you are discarding 1/6th of your opponent's deck when you attack. Plus, they're drawing, maybe using more trainers to take stuff out of their deck, etc.

This is about prereleases... You can't play a Gardevoir from Next Destinies in this prerelease.

I played a deck revolving around Cresselia EX. Also had Golduck and a non-EX Keldeo in there for back up. I won 2/3. I would have won the second match, but I only drew one Basic in 4 turns...haha.

Back