Help Booster Pack Authenticity

LegendaryBirds

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys,

I am a new member of the forum and one of many that had nostalgia hit back and decided to assume pokemon card collection after a long break. As part of the re-start I decided to try a create a mini collection with vintage packs, and as part of that made several purchases over the internet. Most of the purchases I am confident were successful, however there are a couple which I would need some help. For the following two packs although the sellers seemed legit, I have my doubts which I will write along with pictures, and hopefully get some help decide if I am correct about worrying. The two packs I am not sure about are an unlimited base set booster and a first edition fossil pack, and my concerns are whether they are fake or have been re-sealed.

Base Set Pack: On the printing on the label "TRADING CARD GAME" the red background seems to be misaligned with the white letters, as the red background spills into the white letters.
Also on the back side the flap on the top part is not stuck, however on the bottom it is.
I am aware that usually earlier packs some times do not have the same pack quality as later packs, however as it has been many years since I have opened one so I cannot compare (also internet pictures I found did not help me much). I believe it probably is original and not re-sealed despite the things I mentioned, however I am not 100% sure.

Fossil: The pack seems to have some small holes/cuts on one side that seems to to be equally apart between themselves. Also cards seem to be a bit loose inside, and as you can see from the pics there are some creases on the flap where both sides are stuck together.
As mentioned before maybe these indications do not mean anything, as in the early stages packs from the same sets may have had differences, however it would be nice to get some insight by someone more experienced.

Also I am aware that the best way to make sure is to actually open them, but as I said I got them as part of a booster collection and therefore would prefer not to open them.

I already tried to do my research, however feedback from other people is always helpful..thanks in advance :)

Below is the link to the pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/QTwWO1I

Last edited:
Back