Boomerang Energy from “Crimson Haze!”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Boomerang Energy was just revealed from S5a Crimson Haze! The set will release in Japan on March 22nd. It should combine with April’s Mask of Change to form our Twilight Masquerade set in May.
Boomerang Energy – Special Energy
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, it provides [C] Energy.
If this card is discarded by the effect of an attack used by the Pokémon this card is attached to, attach this card from your discard pile to that Pokémon after attacking.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Don't know anything specific this could go with but maybe Lugia with a fire type?

This looks interesting—but I’d favor it as just being a fire energy and them bringing back the kind of special energies they had in XY where each type received one.

There aren’t gonna be many Pokémon that both can use Boomerang Energy’s effect and live a hit so that they can show some profit from it.

From a quick search so far, the only Pokémon that jumped out at me were Garchomp ex and Golisopod ex. There’s gotta be something better, right?

I feel like this card would also be cooler if it went to your hand instead of reattaching.

Nice one. Hopefully they print more attacks that can benefit from this card.
atm, it's not worth playing. I can only think of these cards: R Greninja, Pawmot PAF, Garchomp ex, Ampharos ex, Iron Boulder ex.

There aren’t gonna be many Pokémon that both can use Boomerang Energy’s effect and live a hit so that they can show some profit from it.

From a quick search so far, the only Pokémon that jumped out at me were Garchomp ex and Golisopod ex. There’s gotta be something better, right?
Something is coming that will use it. Maybe tera Greninja ex

This looks interesting—but I’d favor it as just being a fire energy and them bringing back the kind of special energies they had in XY where each type received one.
They did that with SWSH. It was great to use them. They notably missed the fairy type. Even though they weren't making new ones by that point, they were still very much standard. The most annoying ones were Fire and Steel. Fire gave an extra 20 hp to the holder and it was stackable, metal removed weakness witch made centiskortch v zacian matchups a NIGHTMARE

It just doesn't feel like it has a place. Most discard energy to do more damage are type specific, so it's hard to use the card to its full potential.

This card can either be useless or have a whole deck based around it.
However, the big drawbacks of this card are that it's a Special Energy (which limits acceleration heavily) and getting it knocked out still gets rid of it. Most playable decks that utilize discarding attacks, especially in this age, simply re-accelerate a second attacker on the bench. There might be something interesting in H-on, but not in Standard.

I doubt we're getting any type-specific special energies before Lugia VSTAR rotates.

Nice one. Hopefully they print more attacks that can benefit from this card.
atm, it's not worth playing. I can only think of these cards: R Greninja, Pawmot PAF, Garchomp ex, Ampharos ex, Iron Boulder ex.
Golisopod-ex: "Am I a joke to you?"

Back