Bombirdier ex, Mantyke, Yveltal, Gorgeous Mantle Revealed from “Raging Surf!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Japanese livestream for Worlds has once again revealed cards from Raging Surf – Bombirdier ex, Mantyke, Yveltal, and Gorgeous Mantle!
This is only the second regular Mantyke to ever release! The first was in Diamond & Pearl back in 2007.
Bombirdier ex – Colorless – HP200
Basic Pokemon
[C] Fast Carry: If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn. Search your deck for up to 3 Basic Pokémon and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C][C] Shadow Wind: 130 damage. You may shuffle this Pokémon and all attached cards into your deck.
Pokemon ex rule: When your Pokemon ex is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Mantyke - I rather stick to Cleffa as my starting Pokemon, but still neat nonetheless. 3-4
Yveltal - what's the point? You cannot even OHKO a 310 HP Stage 2 in the range, and I'm NOT including damage mods, because I want to do enough dmg without any extra help. 2-3
Bombirdier ex - still neat ngl, but I rather stick to my trustee VIP Pass, if I want early turn setup. 2 VIP Pass is enough for me to fill up my bench turn 1. 3
Elegant Cloak - this is NOT Expert Belt, this is basically a worse version of it. Only thing I can see it useful is onto CHR Gardevoir having more bulk to take 5 energy via ex's ability. 3

Bombirdier is weird, obviously them being an ex is a downside, since you don't want your set-up Pokemon to give away two prizes, but then it has a pretty okay-ish attack that nullifies that downside. It's still laughably balanced compared to Miraidon's Ability, but I think it's okay.

Mantyke - I rather stick to Cleffa as my starting Pokemon, but still neat nonetheless. 3-4
Yveltal - what's the point? You cannot even OHKO a 310 HP Stage 2 in the range, and I'm NOT including damage mods, because I want to do enough dmg without any extra help. 2-3
Bombirdier ex - still neat ngl, but I rather stick to my trustee VIP Pass, if I want early turn setup. 2 VIP Pass is enough for me to fill up my bench turn 1. 3
Elegant Cloak - this is NOT Expert Belt, this is basically a worse version of it. Only thing I can see it useful is onto CHR Gardevoir having more bulk to take 5 energy via ex's ability. 3
Bombirdier ex may be good after next rotation when VIP pass gets rotated. until then nah

Bombirdier - weird but not the worst
Mantyke - just a lil guy
Yveltal - "pokemon trying not to make a box legendary holo actually playable - impossible"
Mantle - actually kinda radical

Bombkidier is nest ball searchable when VIP is not. Also when VIP rotates next year Birdy boy will become more useful

Bombirdier ex may be good after next rotation when VIP pass gets rotated. until then nah
Still. not worth my energy attachement. After your turn, it's becoming a 2-prized dummy, which I don't like, if you wanna win some games. I rather use Trainer cards instead

Still. not worth my energy attachement. After your turn, it's becoming a 2-prized dummy, which I don't like, if you wanna win some games. I rather use Trainer cards instead
His 2nd attack makes him some worth while you can shuffle it in to your deck. but like you I rather play Trainer cards instead too

I don't really like cloak on Arcanavoir because it defeats the purpose of Arcanavoir being a strong 1-prize pokemon, hitting hard and providing awkward prize trades for the opponent. But I could maaaybe see it as an alternative for Zacian V late game, but idk

Bombirdier ex- Might be good in everything except miraidon 3
Mantyke- I’m happy babies are coming back and this one is good 4
Yveltal- Meh 2
Mantle- Radical and good 4

Mantyke, Cleffa, and Bonsly are all basic Pokémon with zero retreat cost and zero attack cost. Bombirdier accelerates bench types on turn 1.

This looks suspiciously like the makings of a dark horse Toxtricity (OBF) deck.

Ngl mantyke looks like a really good midgame stalling option when falling behind. If you're running a primary 2 prize card deck, you can pivot into mantyke to heal 120hp off your main attacker so that you can rebuild your board. 120hp is huge. Suppose your main attacker is damaged and will be ko'd next turn. You also dont have a followup attacker setup so you can now retreat back into mantyke and heal 120 hp. 120hp more often than not will allow your only attacker to survive an additional attack, so even if they boss you, your attacker survives. For reference 330hp exes will require attackers to be able to do 230+ damage to reliably 2hko even after mantykes heal. With the direction pokemon is going, this number seems to be harder to reach reliably.

Great card for a comeback.

Last edited:
Bombirdier is interesting. Ashame it has to stay on the fie- wait it has a built in method of getting off the board and it's universal for just about every deck? S-Tier card.

Mantyke is interesting. Don't know if a prize card is worth that much HP but to each their own.

Another Yveltal for me to collect, yay.

Gorgeous Mantle is inverted Hero's Medal, but that means with this tool Wigglytuff ex has a maximum of 450 health for 3 prizes. Broken.

Back