'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I would rather play swampert ex it does the same thing its a basic and doesn't discard energy it shuffles them back in to the deck.

Let me tell you why Typhlosion is better.
1. Mud Flood is requires 3 energies, Massive Eruption only requires 1.
2. Mud Flood looks at the top 4 cards for 40 damage each energy, and typhlosion looks at the top 5 and does 80 damage for each energy.
3. You take 2 prizes for knocking out Swampart, who had no 1 shot potential, and you take 1 prize for knocking out Typhlosion, who has lots of 1 shot potential.
GG.

2. Mud Flood looks at the top 4 cards for 40 damage each energy, and typhlosion looks at the top 5 and does 80 damage for each energy.
3. You take 2 prizes for knocking out Swampart, who had no 1 shot potential, and you take 1 prize for knocking out Typhlosion, who has lots of 1 shot potential.
GG.

typhlosion is a stage two there is no way your getting it out turn 2 or turn 1 with all the locking of items and all and with the current fast passe meta it will die before you get it set up. I would love to see typhlosion get use don't get me wrong I just think there are better cards out there.

Last edited:
GG.

The issues about Typhlosion:
-It is a stage two, which means you'll need a few turns and some decent investment to get it out compared to a Basic EX.
-The Attack discards all the 5 cards, instead of shuffling them back into your deck like Mud Flood.

Now, that isn't to say Typhlosion is less better than Swampert EX... However, It kind of reminds me of the notorious Heatmor from Plasma Storm, whose "Fiery Licks" required 3 energy, and discards 4 cards, doing 50 damage for each fire energy. People made crazy luck-centered rouge decks with it that had around 40 or so energies for consistency!

Now, whether the Eruption attack is worth using to a point of building a deck around it, that I wouldn't know... Though it might take more effort to do that than Heatmor, due to the issues of getting stage 2 Pokemon out these days.

Wow! Awesome art and awesome attacks especially Typhlosion. I hope next expansion,Meganium is next.
Massive Eruption,I can build a Fire Deck for that.

The issues about Typhlosion:
-It is a stage two, which means you'll need a few turns and some decent investment to get it out compared to a Basic EX.
-The Attack discards all the 5 cards, instead of shuffling them back into your deck like Mud Flood.

Now, that isn't to say Typhlosion is less better than Swampert EX... However, It kind of reminds me of the notorious Heatmor from Plasma Storm, whose "Fiery Licks" required 3 energy, and discards 4 cards, doing 50 damage for each fire energy. People made crazy luck-centered rogue decks with it that had around 40 or so energies for consistency!

Now, whether the Eruption attack is worth using to a point of building a deck around it, that I wouldn't know... Though it might take more effort to do that than Heatmor, due to the issues of getting stage 2 Pokemon out these days.

I would still like to see someone try to make it work.

Hmm that makes amphora a little more viable. Not sure if its worth the set up. But Possibly turn 2 paralysis

Well, hot damn, we get electric type blastoise. This is going to either make M ampharos over powered and interesting like a new BK EX/deluge blastoise and/or create a lot more interesting decks like Pikachu EX /magnizone and other amazing things. I am very exited for this card to come out, now all we need is a grass version of this...

As someone who ran a Lanturn Prime deck for a couple years back in those days (and loved it), I would have adored having this Magnezone.

If only TPCi would hold some unlimited tournaments....

Wow, Magnezone has an awesome artwork and an awesome ability! I think this card will see a lot of play!

Am I the only one excited about the fighting type Swinub and the possibility of a fighting type Piloswine and Mamoswine( which, by the way, hasn't happened since Stormfront)?

I heard broken time space was coming back if so this is going to be very good and the card is goning to cost loads of mony

I heard broken time space was coming back if so this is going to be very good and the card is goning to cost loads of mony

Mind if you use common sense? No one said Broken Time Space was coming back. They said it would be interesting if it got back in the format.

Also, is it just me or are there a lot of holos across the 2 sets?

Omigosh,Omigosh,Omigosh,Omigosh,Omigosh!
PlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlaysetPlayset!

My first ever deck was ray boar, and i am so happy that he is getting an electric reprint!

The day this set comes out, I am going straight to troll and toad and getting a playset!

Watch this space - Magnezone is going to pair nicely with Heliolisk from PHF.

actually, eelectrik is a bit better then magnezone for heliolisk, but whatever

also, this may be a valuable partner for either mega mewtwo y, or lugia

(join the magnezone hype bandwagon today!)

Last edited:
Man I was hoping for an Ability that let you draw until you have 6 or 7 in your hand. At least this makes discarding Lightning energy decks more viable or a great support Pokemon to speed things up. This might not even be necessary early game for some decks but late game it definitely helps.

Back