'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

That's the thing I didn't like about the Glalie-EX - this one has a lot of details to it, with sparks and pieces of ice filling the card, but the regular Glalie-EX had nothing.

How I'd use this one: Don't worry at all about self-inflicting damage - just keep it at full health, dealing consistent 100 damage quickly with that rather low energy cost it has. Have rough seas out to heal weaker hits, and just use the "150 more damage" as a crazy scare tactic to make your opponent paranoid.

Also, a tech: Out of nowhere, put down a Shrine of Memories, which can let you deal 150 damage for a clever surprise!

Only M tyranitar wants to attack this thing if you are putting damage counters on it yourself. easy to hit for M tyranitar isn't it?! I am going with Lanstar for this one

I wonder how you'd make its attack viable. Getting 10 damage counters on your own Pokemon consistently seems hard to say the least.

Its just a Rainbow Energy or a Pokemon that has an ability or an attack that place dmg. counters on M-Glalie is the only trick,by the way,do we have its Spirit Link?

Ancient Traits >>>> Breaks so boo at that.
No AT,No way!!

Last edited by a moderator:
we don't have its Spirit Link yet, but i think that will be revealed soon.
I think it is weird that the AT are gone, but can we do anything about it? I don't think so o_O

In Expanded, it could do well with Frozen City and Blastoise, if it's possible to set up Stage 2s without Tropical Beach.

Ive always wanted to have a Mega Glalie card, but this is...disappointing. At least it looks kinda nice. And the attack name is amusing enough.

I don't really mind the look of Glalie EX but I think the 3D art style of it comes off as rather awkward looking. I think this card would have looked much better with a more 2D style like to that of colourless Rayquaza EX or Hoopa EX.

M Glalie does create that weird position whereby the opponent has to either try to OHKO it or do 90 damage followed by 130 or more, otherwise Glalie will start swinging for OHKOs.

The other nice thing about M Glalie is that it's pretty streamable at WCC. I like the idea of just swinging for 100 a turn and baiting your opponent to let you hit for 250

I love it how everyone is saying that AT's are gone, and we haven't even seen 10% of the cards in Break Through.

Back