'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

We have another N/ a replacement for N. I am so excited for the XY-on sets. I have been playing this game since the beginning and I am glad to see some old friends coming back and TPCi adding diversity to the cardpool.
I started playing recently, around Furious Fist, but I think it's really cool when older cards are brought back. It's exciting to be able to purchase the older versions and use them instead of the new ones. :)

Speaking of Parallel City and Ninetales, what if the Parallel City deck has Hex Maniac to lock Ninetales PRC's ability so they can cancel out Skyfield and force the opponent to discard 5 bench pokemon out of 8 despite Ninetales being in play? If the lock is based on ability, Hex Maniac can break that lock... Therefore, when XY8 is released, I expect Metal Ray decks to fall down by a tier or maybe two. After all, Hex Maniac = Inability to use Metal Links or any other abilities, including stadium-locking 'Tales = Autoloss to Vileplume/Giratina-EX, MalaTile(or M Sceptile-EX/Malamar-EX), among other decks that either Item/Stadium lock and/or use turn attachments/Ariados AOR before Hex Maniac is used in order to inflict significant special conditions to the MRay user AND weaken the foe's chief attack while piling on energy while doing damage at the same time. In the case of MalaTile, the only solution to that is to hope your sleep flip results in MRay waking up immediately, and then, regardless of flip, Paint Roller or Skyfield to cancel out the Parallel City effect, Super Rod Shaymin-EX back into deck, Winona/Ultra Ball Shaymin-EX back in play, then, if MRay is not in play or if he can't retreat due to MRay still sleeping as a result of the sleep flip going south(or resulting in tails), attach a Float Stone to Shaymin-EX before using a Switch if MRay is either not in play, or is still asleep(in which case, he can't retreat anyway, so the only recourse would be to use Switch to get him back to the bench in his sleep, and cure the sleep as a result), then shaymin-EX can retreat to get MRay back in active, and ready to Emerald Break after a lot of resetting after the prior status-infliction followed by the Hex Maniac and Parallel City putdown that threatened to cripple MRay had the plan held...

Then again, with the release of information regarding a crippling stadium and Hex Maniac to make it more crippling to Ninetales PRC's role, if Items were locked too, maybe Expanded won't be kind to MRay any longer, with Lasers, the above cards minus Hex Maniac, if Plume/Giratina had Lasers in Expanded, if M Rayquaza-EX is put to sleep and doesn't wake up ASAP, and the Laser plus Paint Roller was used prior to Vileplume entering play so that the Laser and Paint Roller can be used, 'Tales won't matter w/ stadium lock: It autolossed to 'Plume and inability to Switch out, unless Dragonite-EX w/ Bust In is in the MRay deck, but since Bust In 'Nite is rarely seen in MRay decks...
Good point, I totally forgot about Hex Maniac at the time of typing that.

The new art for Bronzong and Skyla are as ugly as sin. Am I alone in thinking this here?

For the Bronzong, I'm wondering if you've seen any of Tomokazu's art (e.g. Exeggcute - Roaring Skies, Pachirisu - Majestic Dawn, Dark Slowking - Neo Destiny), he does a couple of cards now and then, and I personally think they're funky and different to other cards by different artists. Him and Sui are my favourite illustrators for PTCG. But each to one's own.

Honestly, ShayQuaza and Raichu decks are easily dropped a tier thanks to Parallel City. Any deck not using Water, Fire, and Grass get no drawbacks from that stadium. If Ninetales becomes played in them decks more, then people will just run Hex Maniac to further destroy the decks. Not to mention now that Eggs are gone, they have no reliable way to come back easily.

Anyway, I see Judge being really interesting, and I already have a deck planned with it. Keeping the deck secret for now though, for personal reasons.

Heavy Ball being back is nice, and had me questioning what deck I wanted to build for a bit. But it IS easy searching for quite a few scary things.

Float Stone is also nice, but I feel it's too soon... Town Map is also welcomed back as well, but one problem. Y u no Hoenn map!?

I think Super Rod and Fisherman are both awesome to have back! We need ways to get energy back since hammers are still around, as is crawdaunt. Still gotta feel a little sorry for decks that rely on special energy though...

80f7c9017ff4d74f90730972867f315a.png

If that's true I'm unbelievably happy. I've been hoping for another Heavy Ball for a long time. I'm so freaking happy right now about this set it's unreal.

so am I.
I also found the heavy ball too

I think the reverse ticket will be a good 4 of in night march, as it lets you, 50% of the time, grab a DCE. Thats the entire reason computer search was good for it

Last edited:
I have a question about Parallel City. Does its damage reduction side increase its effect for dual- and triple-type Pokemon? For example, if I have a Grass Pokemon in my active spot, and on my bench is the new Ancient Origins Flareon and Vaporeon, my active Pokemon will be a [G][R][W] type. Does that mean I am doing 60 less damage, or is it just straight 20?

Skyla's just stretching! I guess it's a little bit flirtatious, but it's not like she's dressed in a bikini or something. Just looks playful to me.

Not sure about the Judge reprint...I'm not a huge fan of hand disruption and I think Ace Trainer/Red Card is enough. However, not many decks run Red Card and Judge at least dispenses a set amount of cards to both players, so it may not be so bad.

Heavy Ball reprint is exciting though! Nice little buff for Mega Ampharos...well, and any decks running big retreat attackers. You can also search out Vileplume with it, which is, uh, "nice."

Free search mechanic for both tyrantrum EX and Bronzong confirmed!

I hope Simisage, Simipour, and Simisear are playable to use with parallel city.
Of course,dude! and the Starters of each region like Chesnaught will be usable.
That stadium is strange,two conditions and if you own that card and play,you -20 damage to Grass ,Fire ,and Water Pokemon.
I think this is the first Holo stadium card.

Do you think Delphox and Greninja will be appered in this set,since Chesnaught and its BREAK has been appeared?

Judge: grk :C
Fisherman: cool, some playability to Kingdra (and Sceptile -.-)
Super rod: woooooooooohoooooooo. Get out of my deck sacred ash!
Skyla: Fan service much? Somebody wants there to be a $100 card in the format - you know it's true :p
Parallel City: LOLOLOLOLOLOL There is no reaction I can have other than that, none.
Heavy ball?: cool.
Float stone:*heavy breathing*

Of course,dude! and the Starters of each region like Chesnaught will be usable.
That stadium is strange,two conditions and if you own that card and play,you -20 damage to Grass ,Fire ,and Water Pokemon.
I think this is the first Holo stadium card.

Do you think Delphox and Greninja will be appered in this set,since Chesnaught and its BREAK has been appeared?
By playable I meant competitively viable, sorry for the misunderstanding:p.

I personally don't think that Delphox and Greninja will be in the set because if they were, they would've been hinted at. Also, Pokemon sometimes favorites Pokemon from a generation. Two recent examples are Emboar-EX and no Samurott or Serperior EX and Golden Rare Empoleon. There are other stage 2 fire type Pokemon that aren't starters and don't already have an EX, one that comes to mind is Talonflame. Also, there were Infernape and Torterra legal from more recent sets but they decided to go with Empoleon(you could also say the Golden Charizard and Blastoise and no Venusaur but I think you get my point.) I might be wrong, but it dosen't look like it:(

Judge: grk :C
Fisherman: cool, some playability to Kingdra (and Sceptile -.-)
Super rod: woooooooooohoooooooo. Get out of my deck sacred ash!
Skyla: Fan service much? Somebody wants there to be a $100 card in the format - you know it's true :p
Parallel City: LOLOLOLOLOLOL There is no reaction I can have other than that, none.
Heavy ball?: cool.
Float stone:*heavy breathing*
My reactions:
Judge: Yes, less broken version of N!
Super Rod: HALLELUJAH!
Skyla: Wait, Pokemon, a game that is 6+ has fan service? What, why?
Parallel City: This looks like something is a movie, which there probably is but I can't remember.
Heavy Ball: I don't think that was comfirmed yet. But hey, I might be wrong.
Float Stone: Super Rod, Skyla, Town Map, Level Ball and Float Stone. All we need is LaserBank and we only loose two good trainer cards from the past two rotations.

My reactions:
Judge: Yes, less broken version of N!
Super Rod: HALLELUJAH!
Skyla: Wait, Pokemon, a game that is 6+ has fan service? What, why?
Parallel City: This looks like something is a movie, which there probably is but I can't remember.
Heavy Ball: I don't think that was comfirmed yet. But hey, I might be wrong.
Float Stone: Super Rod, Skyla, Town Map, Level Ball and Float Stone. All we need is LaserBank and we only loose two good trainer cards from the past two rotations.
Never mind about Heavy Ball.:pThat's exciting because I'm might try out Hippowdon and Girantina/Vileplume next year.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of information about Ancient Origins? There are still no English scans and I haven't seen a single article about the set for at least a few weeks. It's a little ridiculous that the set came out today (and the cards have been in stores for a few days) and there's been basically nothing said about it.

I truly love Parallel City, it's one of the most balanced cards we've seen in a while, and it requires skill to play. I know it kills mega Ray and other minor things, but if you look past that, it's truly a great cards for the game. It provides balance in possibly decreasing your attack power while lowering your opponents bench size etc, for vice versa. In XY on it hurts a mega sceptile deck/vespiquen, but at the same time it still hurts you to be lowered to 3 bench slots. Unless you play a fighting deck or something you can't have a total advantage over your opponent while it's in play. And in the event that you do play a fighting deck or something and lower your elemental damage by 20, for essentially no loss, your opponent could use paint roller and use their parallel city to lower YOUR bench down to 3, while reducing their elemental damage if they play a deck with one of those types. One of the best parts of this card is the fact that it will be an uncommon/common thus giving players who can't afgord that many expensive cards but are highly skilled a real fighting chance against skilled players with lots of money to spend on cards. If there is one card I will preorder of this set it will be Parallel City due to it's sheer awesomeness and playability.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of information about Ancient Origins? There are still no English scans and I haven't seen a single article about the set for at least a few weeks. It's a little ridiculous that the set came out today (and the cards have been in stores for a few days) and there's been basically nothing said about it.
I've noticed but I wouldn't call it ridiculous. It's a pretty boring set if we're all being honest.

Back