• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Blaziken EX / Volcarona

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
I just began to play the Pokémon Trading Card Game online and I wanted to look for a deck I could play. I found Volcarona (AOR). I began to think what to use with it and I found the Blaziken EX promo.
Anyway, I made a decklist about it although, I need a lot of help. Just tell me what I can change to the list :p

Pokémon
  • 4 Blaziken EX
  • 2 Entei (AOR)
  • 3-3 Volcarona (AOR)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Blacksmith
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Scorched Earth
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 2 Fiery Torch
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 2 Switch
Energy
  • 12 Fire Energy
Strategy:

The goal of this deck is to make Blaziken's attack Flare Storm work.

[R][C][C][C] Flare Storm 100+
Flip a coin for each [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 20 more for each heads.

I appreciate any help that comes in. Help about the TCG that isn't about this decklist is welcome too! :p
Thanks, TFP

First, which Volcarona is it? There are two in AOR. Next cut the fire down to a maximum of 12, 18 is WAY to much. I am going to assume the Entei you are using is the ancient trait one. As for supporters add Professor Sycamore and Professor Birch Observations. Add a some DCE as it can help you a lot. Replace the pal pad with vs seeker. I know that is a lot of changes but I'm sure they will help you.

First, which Volcarona is it? There are two in AOR. Next cut the fire down to a maximum of 12, 18 is WAY to much. I am going to assume the Entei you are using is the ancient trait one. As for supporters add Professor Sycamore and Professor Birch Observations. Add a some DCE as it can help you a lot. Replace the pal pad with vs seeker. I know that is a lot of changes but I'm sure they will help you.
Both Entei and Volcarona aren't the ancient trait version. I don't think that DCE is really great in this deck.

Pokémon
  • 4 Blaziken EX
  • 2 Entei (AOR)
  • 3-3 Volcarona (AOR)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Blacksmith
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Sycamore
  • 3 Birch
  • 3 Scorched Earth
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 2 Fiery Torch
  • 4 Vs Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 2 Switch
Energy
  • 12 Fire Energy

Is this better? Also, thanks for your help. :)

I went ahead and put the new list in the OP for you, as per Deck Garage rules.

And I for one think the deck looks a lot better now.

Back