Blaziken-EX, M Blaziken-EX, M Swampert-EX, and Hoenn Gym Leader Promos! [3/13]

M-Swampert-EX.
What.
The.
Heck.

Really....
REAALLLY??

That must be one of the worst Megas I've ever seen ._.

Well... those Gym Badges could be useful, IDK...

I wonder then how we will get these. In a set? In some kind cf box a la Diancie and Absol? And where is Sceptile/M. Sceptile? Neat artwork though.

I also wonder how we'll get the gym badges, if we do at all.

I like the gym badge concept. Letting players express there love for specific aspects of Pokemon by giving them the chance to choose the art of a card based on what gym leader they like most. Could you imagine if this was the same for N or Skyla. They kinda did the same thing with juniper and sycamore.

I can see M swampert being ran in mill decks.

Man I hope we get those badges, they look awsome. (We're likely not going to get them, but oh well. Maybe we'll get them as league promos for next year?)

The artwork for Blaziken and M Blaziken is awsome. Just a bit disappointing that the hoenn starters won't get any full art cards :/ Just like the kalos starters. I guess they did get those ancient trait card, but Blaziken draw the short stick in that..

Reckshalent said:
I like the gym badge concept. Letting players express there love for specific aspects of Pokemon by giving them the chance to choose the art of a card based on what gym leader they like most. Could you imagine if this was the same for N or Skyla. They kinda did the same thing with juniper and sycamore.

I can see M swampert being ran in mill decks.
I like what they did, too, but holy crap the cards themselves are terrible. I can't imagine how things would go if they included these in an English release. Would they all have the same set number? It would still be a pain as a collector to get them all. At least there are only eight of them, I guess.

Mill decks went the way of the dodo with the release of Lysandre's Trump Card. As long as that is in format, mill decks will never be viable, which is a shame because they are always fun to play.

At least those cards kind of make up for never getting a gen 3 gym leader set back in the day

Gym Badges can be usefull in Archie decks. If you get couple of heads, value. If you get tail, you are closer to activating an Archie

The cards should've atleast said draw two cards instead of flip coin, or a variation from which you pick your one. eg.One would say draw two cards if you discard a card from your hand then draw three, and another would say draw three cards flip a coin if heads put one of those cards at the bottom of your deck and so on for the others so you take your pick.

Anyway these cards will maybe come in English as a mini set? Like the Team Aqua and Team Magma mini expansion, mostly for collectors, like the gym cards I would assume are? You'll have your gym leader cards put in there along with the three starters and their megas and some extra cards thrown in, like the Gym leaders pokemon? What does everybody think about that idea?

Well we need to have Sceptile EX and M. Sceptile EX revealed first. Other than that, that's a good idea.

Personally I hope that we get those revealed, have a big boxed set with these three EX/Megas and the gym badges. Then for XY8 we get a set that features a lot of ground types. This can include Blaziken EX, M. Blaziken EX, Swampert EX, and M. Swampert EX as fighting types along with a fighting Aggron line and a fighting Garchomp line. It can also have Sceptile EX (only one type) and a M. Sceptile EX as a dragon type.

That's probably dreaming of course, but it would nice.

Furious Fists already focused on Fighting-types (which includes Rock and Ground-type pokémon from the games)...

Of course M Swampert is the worst card ... Why ... After an awful Mega Design then this ...

Anyone knows where the term "Gowan" comes from?

According to the online dictionary
"Definition of GOWAN
chiefly Scottish: daisy 1; broadly : a white or yellow field flower "

Well, I'm pretty sure the attack isn't translated as Daisy Impact, so does anyone know?

Reikenan said:
Anyone knows where the term "Gowan" comes from?

According to the online dictionary
"Definition of GOWAN
chiefly Scottish: daisy 1; broadly : a white or yellow field flower "

Well, I'm pretty sure the attack isn't translated as Daisy Impact, so does anyone know?

Its probably the name Gowan, not the "word" gowan. The name represents wealth and good fortune meaning the attack would translate to "wealth impact". And considering the cards side effect to discard both players cards it makes sense.

Hope this helps.

The Blaziken EX and M Blaziken EX are actually pretty good. The M Blaziken EX can only max out at about 220 damage with a muscle band so it misses the mark for some Megas but it can ohko most other megas. The Blaziken EX can potentially do more dmage but you 7 Fire energy on it and get 7 head flips to do 240 damage. I think they could see some play. M swampert EX is not really good at all unless there are more cards that can mill the deck effectivly.

Or I suppose the attack could translate to Broad Impact. That would be my guess anyway. I don't see much 'wealth' in discarding the top 3 cards of your own deck for 30 more damage, on the other hand something being broad doesn't mean it has to be good.

Pikachu6319 said:
Or I suppose the attack could translate to Broad Impact. That would be my guess anyway. I don't see much 'wealth' in discarding the top 3 cards of your own deck for 30 more damage, on the other hand something being broad doesn't mean it has to be good.

It impacts wealth by making players lose cards. I never said it was a good impact.

Well, I still think Broad Impact would be a better name, but I suppose only time will tell what they decide to call it regardless of what we may think.

Back