• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastzel

Itzkookiemonsta

EX Rocket returns (best set ever)
I've been wanting to build this for a while and I finally did. At league today it won against everything except zekrom because it hits for weakness and really fast. In a mirror match up, it is pretty much who ever goes first wins. So here is the list.

4-3-4 Blastoise
3-3 Floatzel
3 Cleffa

3 PONT
3 Collector
3 Candy
2 PETM
3 Junk arm
2 Switch
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 Dual Ball
3 Communication

13{W}
4{C}{C}

Strategy: Get Blastoise and Floatzel out ASAP and snipe whatever you like for 100 ech turn.

Why Cleffa over Manaphy? No Zoroark for Zekrom coverage? What purpose does Switch serve especially if you take out Cleffa?

Just a few questions I have. Heres my modified idea of this deck.

Pokemon:23
4-3-4 Blastoise UL
3-3 Floatzel UL
3 Manaphy UL
2-2 Zoroark BW

TSS:20
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
3 Candy
2 Juniper
2 Dual

Energy:16
12 Water
4 DCE

Same strategy use Manaphy to get setup with Blastoise and Floatzel to pump water energies onto the field for Blastoise to use. Zoroark is a great stage one tech that takes advantage of a DCE to counter Zek/Reshi/etc. Feel free to adjust and counter a list!

Brendan said:
Why Cleffa over Manaphy? No Zoroark for Zekrom coverage? What purpose does Switch serve especially if you take out Cleffa?

Just a few questions I have. Heres my modified idea of this deck.

Pokemon:23
4-3-4 Blastoise UL
3-3 Floatzel UL
3 Manaphy UL
2-2 Zoroark BW

TSS:20
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
3 Candy
2 Juniper
2 Dual

Energy:16
12 Water
4 DCE

Same strategy use Manaphy to get setup with Blastoise and Floatzel to pump water energies onto the field for Blastoise to use. Zoroark is a great stage one tech that takes advantage of a DCE to counter Zek/Reshi/etc. Feel free to adjust and counter a list!

I don't really know why I had switches in there, but I want to run manaphy I just don't have any. :( However, I do like the idea of Zoroark. I'll have to try that.

Yeah I am currently assembling this deck myself so I'm glad to hear news of variants working. I actually haven't played this deck yet but when I get the cards to I will.

I would recommend running a Mantine or two, or at least testing it out because a lot of people recognize it as the best starter in an all-water deck, myself included. I would also suggest canning the dual balls for a 4th collector since as of right now you are only running 8 supporters and it is usually best to have at least 10, and also having 4 collectors increases consistency. (That might just be me though seeing how my flip luck is abysmal.) Good luck!

Mantine is nice but it only brings up one water pokemon you might need and ends your turn as opposed to Manaphy who brings consistency and hand refresh which can net you more then what you need. Not saying Mantine is a bad option just not personally a good option unless you got a great start but then you won't even need it. I do like Slim's opinion on dual ball. While it is a nice card it just isn't consistent. Taking 2 dual balls out for 1 collector though? Not sure what else you would put in.

i would def go with two manaphy over mantine for the simple reason of refreshing my hand. Add about 3 pokemon catcher when it comes out to help snipe around big attackers zoroark for speed and zeckrom counter.

Definitely Manaphy over Mantine in this deck. If you end up getting them, take out the cleffas and add in 2 Manaphys and a Communication for consistency. I would take out the switches as they don't really help much. Also, I was thinking you could run Bouffalant instead of Zoroark for Zekrom. Even though, they'll both be one-shotted back afterward, Bouffalant takes less time to set up and leaves you with more room.

Hmm that's an interesting point with revenge bouffalant although I still like zoroark. While zoroark takes some setup it doesn't rely on something being knocked out. Also we dknt really need room in this deck so extra room is almost a burden.

2-2 Manaphy/Mantine is the way to go. Don't use Zoroark, DCE is too valuable a resource for Blastoise to waste on a tech when you are just going to get revenge killed next turn anyways.

Back