'Blastoise-GX Premium Collection' in July!

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
With the current meta, and speed, I don't see this getting much play. Too difficult to get enough energy on it to make it relevant.

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
Looks too underwhelming for Standard play, even with the Blastoise from the Torrential Cannon theme deck. And it basically stands no chance of seeing play in Expanded Archie's Blastoise decks, because Kingdra-GX outclasses it as an attacker.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
in expanded this would work with deluge blastoise and ribombee BUS

in standard this with blastoise TEU and magcargo maybe.

where they'd be in relation to other decks I'm not sure.

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
I don't like full art promos. XY and SM made full arts less special with that. I remember in BW when pulling a FA meant something

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That Blastoise Full Art is very...oof. The XY one was much, MUCH better. Man, I miss Ryo Ueda...

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Yea it’s pretty disappointing. Gyarados was such an amazing full art but they are way off with Blastoise.
Did you know that the Blastoise GX FA & RA were both some artist's first ever cards? It's okay that they are bad for that reason, but Pokémon actually using those is what I don't like. They should have just made him make some regular cards, or at least a GX nobody cares about instead of one of the most popular Pokemon of all time.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Did you know that the Blastoise GX FA & RA were both some artist's first ever cards? It's okay that they are bad for that reason, but Pokémon actually using those is what I don't like. They should have just made him make some regular cards, or at least a GX nobody cares about instead of one of the most popular Pokemon of all time.

I've seen some of the other works they did before, I actually really liked the meganium render the artist did. I actually don't mind the RA blastoise, it's one of the best the artist did in that style, but I think the full art has a lot left to be desired because theres nothing at all to compliment blastoise. The render isn't the best (especially compared to Ryo Ueda's) and it just kinda ends up being underwhelming.

I'm glad they're trying to get more artists onto the ultra rare scene, I really am. I hope that the people working on them improve and they also do what TTGXs are doing and having different styles of art (especially apparent with the SR prints). Or, if anything, I hope gen 8 does ultra rares artwork better.