Blastoise Deck 2015 Help

arturocolina

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone,

I need help creating a 2015 updated Blastoise Deck.

Can someone please recommend me all the cards this Deck should contain?

There are a lot of recommended decks online, but all of them are from 2013.

I don't want spent money on a deck to later learn that most of the cards have been rotated out.

I will greatly appreciate your advice,

Thank you

arturocolina said:
Hello everyone,

I need help creating a 2015 updated Blastoise Deck.

Can someone please recommend me all the cards this Deck should contain?

There are a lot of recommended decks online, but all of them are from 2013.

I don't want spent money on a deck to later learn that most of the cards have been rotated out.

I will greatly appreciate your advice,

Thank you

I believe 2015-on might look like this for Blastoise:

Pokemon: 13-14
2 Blastoise-EX(XY)
2 M Blastoise-EX(XY)
2 Barboach(PRC) / Kyogre-EX(PRC)(depending on whether or not you don't mind helping M Blastoise w/ another 200+ HP powerhouse that can transfer some water energy to help M Blastoise, if only w/ a trait that can double the basic Water attachment for the turn)
2 Whiscash(PRC)/ 2 P Kyogre-EX (PRC)(again, depending on whether or not you don't mind helping M Blastoise w/ another 200+ HP powerhouse that can transfer some water energy to help M Blastoise, if only w/ a trait that can double the basic Water attachment for the turn)
2 Tynamo(PRC)
1-2 Eelektrik(PRC)
2 Eelektross(PRC)

Trainers:35-36
4 Sycamore
4 Birch's Observations
3 Skyla/Korrina
2-3 Max Potion(pre-September 2015, when and if that time means the end of Max Potion's time in Standard format)/Pokemon Center Lady(post-September 2015, when and if that time means the end of Max Potion's time in Standard format)(depending on room in deck)
2 Lysandre
1 Lysandre's Trump Card(in you think no deckout games make you more prone to embarrassment, feel free to omit this and add Energy Retrieval instead)
3 VS Seeker

4 Dive Ball
2 Kyogre Spirit Link(if using Kyogre-EX and P Kyogre-EX)/ 2 Switch
2 Muscle Band
1 Switch(If not using Kyogre Spirit Link, add 2 Switch to the one listed here, making the one switch three switch)
1-2 Rare Candy(depending on how many pokemon center ladies you want to run)
1 Professor's Letter
1 Energy Retrieval(unless you have Lysandre's Trump Card(LTC for short) in your deck, in which case you may omit this, as LTC is another way to get your energies out of discard, even if all the other cards in discard, except for LTC, go out with them, but it's a shame that LTC has a nasty side effect of making your opponent do the same, so if you think it helps your opponent too much, you may skip LTC in favor of Energy Retrieval)
1 Computer Search/Teammates

2 Rough Seas
2 Silent Lab

Energy:11
8 Water
3 Electric

^ The above does not take into account the Deluge Blastoise card, since this could be the year in which its time in Standard could come to an end by Fall. However, if you don't mind Plasma Blast's version of Blastoise, it's not too late to use it yet, as it's currently Winter Regional season, as well as pre-S/P/Ts season, in the USA, and there's plenty of time to get some League Challenges in to get the Play! Points required to make the deck more worthwhile by meeting the Nat Play! Point requirements, not to mention that it's possible that there may be one last season of Deluge after this season ends, depending on TPCi's announcement details: Barring a Plasma Blast save(come the rotation announcement) that could be made in order to ensure LTR does not contain a useless-in-standard-format card come next rotation, Deluge will rotate out no sooner than this coming September, so you have plenty of time to not worry about that until this Worlds season passes... :)

Back