BW/BW2 Black vs. White: Humans vs. Nature

oakbark

Aspiring Trainer
So, it looks like this is the main theme of the game. One game features a world that works with nature, the other works against it.

As we see in the pictures of the town on page 8 of corocoro, one town has more greenery and plants and flowers within the city area, whereas the other town is has more concrete and stone.

It looks like this will determine what version you choose almost as much as the pokemon. Are you a city person, or more of a country person? :p

EDIT: Perhaps the version you have will determine the pokemon you find. For example, you might find Shimama (electric zebra), Gear, Desukan (electric tarantula) and Mamepato (pigeon) pokemon in the built-up city world, and you find Minezumi (prairie dog), Wooguru (war eagle) and Moguryu (mole) in the more naturistic world.

*facepalm*

N will keep challenging you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokemon his "friends," but one of the screenshots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokemon and divide them so that the world is black and white. He has the unique idea to set Pokemon free from people. He's looking for the power to grant these ideals.

Oh well, nice idea though :)

I'm more of a city one, but I choose games by how they sound.
I liked Gold, Pearl, Sapphire, and now I like White more (not in racist way).

I'm getting black for Reshiram and Black city. i'm hoping black also has the futuristic town.

This is an interesting take. N wants to seperate humans from Pokemon, for the Pokemon. Cyrus wanted to seperate himself from the rest of the world, because he was insane. I'm starting to see a connection, that N is the leader of this generations team.

Well, if I wasn't excited enough for B/W, I sure am now. I'll get White just for you N *_____________* ♥
I'm a city person but the N fangirl inside makes me want White more.

oakbark said:
So, it looks like this is the main theme of the game. One game features a world that works with nature, the other works against it.

As we see in the pictures of the town on page 8 of corocoro, one town has more greenery and plants and flowers within the city area, whereas the other town is has more concrete and stone.

It looks like this will determine what version you choose almost as much as the pokemon. Are you a city person, or more of a country person? :p

EDIT: Perhaps the version you have will determine the pokemon you find. For example, you might find Shimama (electric zebra), Gear, Desukan (electric tarantula) and Mamepato (pigeon) pokemon in the built-up city world, and you find Minezumi (prairie dog), Wooguru (war eagle) and Moguryu (mole) in the more naturistic world.

*facepalm*

Oh well, nice idea though :)

that makes a lot of sense because the game can correspond with the legendaries since zekrom is cold and dark and reshiram is more happy and warm it intertwines with the life style of the people in the game you chose but in a conflict sorta way like zekrom is mad at the country folk and reshiram is mad at the city people
am i making sense?:(

Has it been said whether or not White Forest and Black City take up the same space in their respective versions? I hope so. It's a cool twist, and hopefully the plot line changes a bit with respect to the exclusive regions (even with Team Aqua/ Team Magma, the plot from Ruby didn't differ much from Sapphire.)

Another thing I'd like to see is that Black City/White Forest is the end result of your rival SUCCEEDING and you are the one charged with reversing his actions. Parallel universes are heavy stuff.

rockinpikachu said:
I'm getting black for Reshiram and Black city. i'm hoping black also has the futuristic town.

the game cover for White version shows Zekrom and the cover for Black has Reshiram and as always thats the one you're going to catch(first?)

im getting white for Zekrom; so far im not caring about anything else

I like both Cities and Countryside....

but Pokemon Black's cities are not like any cities I can recognise, they look like they came from the movie Tron. :p

If it's Pokemon White that has the more natural look I think I might go with that....hopefully it's just mostly a graphical difference but if the story is different I might have to try and get the other version at some point down the line....

I kinda feel like initially I'd prefer the sci-fi version of Isshu.....but that it would eventually just become a gimick and I'd miss the more natural looking towns in the end.

Well, I'm confused... Black has Reshiram, which possibly represents nature... White has Zekrom which possibly represents technology... and Black City is in Black and White Forest in White?? Shouldn't be the other way around?

TheBreen said:
Another thing I'd like to see is that Black City/White Forest is the end result of your rival SUCCEEDING and you are the one charged with reversing his actions. Parallel universes are heavy stuff.

N DOES succeed, as you see in the trailers, and even in the magazine. Maybe not fully, but he does succeed. How you fix it though, is a good question. I'd like to know how he did that, and I'd especially like to see the graphics when that happens.

Finally, a storyline that seems interesting.
I initially missed the screenshot of the same city with plants/concrete depending on the version, so I'm very happy with the changes between each game.

I'm definitely getting White version. Both for Zekrom (though hopefully we can catch both) and because I much prefer the natural, 'full-o-plants' cities. xD

Can't wait to get more information.

I wonder if they will put the white forest in Black versions and Black city in white versions because they Did that for Reshiram and Zekrom

i Just hope whatever game i get will heve Gochiruzeru in it

Metalizard said:
Well, I'm confused... Black has Reshiram, which possibly represents nature... White has Zekrom which possibly represents technology... and Black City is in Black and White Forest in White?? Shouldn't be the other way around?

I'd imagine that Reshiram is in Black (with Black City) because you'll need to unlock it and use it to combat the domination of humans/technology.

Similarly, Zekrom is in White (with White Forest) because you'll need to unlock it and use it to combat the domination of nature/pokemon.

Cool idea. I'd wait for the full details of the games and also for them to be released in Japan, before making any decisions, cos the fact is that both versions are so awesome! I'd consider which has better version exclusives too. Haha! ;D

i like the idea of the evil team/N trying to make the world more natural or technological depending on the game and either Reshiram or Zekrom stepping in to restore balance

ShayminSky said:
N DOES succeed, as you see in the trailers, and even in the magazine. Maybe not fully, but he does succeed. How you fix it though, is a good question. I'd like to know how he did that, and I'd especially like to see the graphics when that happens.

Offtopic: Who says he succeeds? The trailer never showed that. Ontopic: Also i like the theme of humans vs. pokemon(Nature vs. technology).

Back