• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Black Steel - Zoroark GX/Solgaleo GX

Cific

Aspiring Trainer
Here is my most updated list. Looking for any help to continue to fine tune the list.

Pokémon - 18

4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
2 Solgaleo-GX SUM 143
3 Cosmog PR-SUM 42
1 Mew-EX PR-XY XY126
3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

Trainer Cards - 32

1 Choice Band GRI 121
3 Brigette BKT 134
1 Super Rod NVI 95
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
2 Guzma BUS 143
2 Mallow GRI 145
1 Parallel City BKT 145
2 Field Blower GRI 125
3 N NVI 92
1 Max Potion GRI 128
3 Rare Candy SUM 129
2 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124

Energy - 10

4 Double Colorless Energy
6 Metal Energy

Last edited:
Cut the zoroark line by 1 each to add 1 cosmoem and 1 Solgaleo from GRI. It adds a non ex/gx attacker and a way to manually evolve just in case

Also, I went 4-3-1 before dropping. Only 1 of my losses were beat downs. The deck is very resilient in coming back games you don't set up well.

I like the build. I’m not sold on4 Rare Candy, and the Cosmoem. I would probably cut a max potion for a ehammer. With the changes you made has the deck been running smoother? And which deck was the bad beatdown loss too? And what were your match ups like at Charlotte?

I like the build. I’m not sold on4 Rare Candy, and the Cosmoem. I would probably cut a max potion for a ehammer. With the changes you made has the deck been running smoother? And which deck was the bad beatdown loss too? And what were your match ups like at Charlotte?
I lost hard to a Lycanroc Zoroark. I narrowly lost to Zororak Gardy and another Lycanroc. It has been running smoother. I decided that throwing in a Hala for the N would be better since you have a 3 Cynthia, 2 N, 1 Hala draw supporter line you usually wont get stuck with Hala turn 1. You also always Solburst GX turn 2.

I have built your build and i like how it runs but I don’t feel like the Cosmoem is needed at all. And curious why you don’t run any Puzzles. I have been reworking some of your number and adjusting the build a little more to my liking. Will post the updated build soon.

I have built your build and i like how it runs but I don’t feel like the Cosmoem is needed at all. And curious why you don’t run any Puzzles. I have been reworking some of your number and adjusting the build a little more to my liking. Will post the updated build soon.
I don't play Cosmoem. It is a 4-3 Solgaleo line. and I built it with Puzzles before and it's just not as good.

Yup that was exactly what it was i miss read the Cosmog for Cosmoem. And I dropped the Max Potion count from 3 to 2 and added in an E hammer.

I don't dislike that at all. I really value being able to keep my Solgaleo alive. I will warn you that your Glaceon matchup is almost unwinnable. My wife plays that and you're lucky to even get a Solgaleo in play.

So basically if the get Glaceon up turn 1 it’s pretty much an auto scoop type of thing. Maybe a 1-of Baby Zoroark could help that match up?

Last edited:
I have 1 word.

Glaceon.

I'm sorry for your loss.

In General this deck has an auto loss to Glaceon GX. Because most Glaceon GX decks accel in getting a T1 Freezing Gaze going, I just think in. A most likely Glaceon dominant meta this deck just won't stand a chance. And remember, there will be no Garbodor next season (In standard) to shut down Freezing Gaze.

I have 1 word.

Glaceon.

I'm sorry for your loss.

In General this deck has an auto loss to Glaceon GX. Because most Glaceon GX decks accel in getting a T1 Freezing Gaze going, I just think in. A most likely Glaceon dominant meta this deck just won't stand a chance. And remember, there will be no Garbodor next season (In standard) to shut down Freezing Gaze.

I'd argue it isn't an autoloss. Glaceon-GX doesn't stop your ability to achieve a Turn 2 Solgaleo-GX and possibly flip Sol Burst GX.
It's a very tough matchup. You're right. But I believe there's the potential to use Glaceon-GX's metal weakness to your advantage, and you still have a capable 2HKO attacker in Zoroark-GX. I believe if you can keep board position well enough, you won't lose to Glaceon-GX.

That being said, I don't believe either decks to fit well into my aisle of expertise. But I don't believe that matchup should scare you to the degree of an autoloss. I just suppose I'm just fairly sensitive to the usage of the term "autoloss" because I believe sometimes it just isn't what people fit it to be. I know it isn't much, but...

Hope this helps!~

Back