• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (BKT-ULP) Trans-dimensional Invasion

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
OK. So here's the deal. They just revealed Naganadel GX a few days ago. Beast ride looks like it could be a lot of fun, and I want to take advantage of that. This list can be fun I think.

Pokemon (20):
  • Poipole (3)
  • Naganadel GX (3)
  • Xurkitree GX (2)
  • Pheromosa GX (4)
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX (2)
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma (2)
  • Nihilego GX (2)
Trainer (28):
  • Guzma (3)
  • Prof. Sycamore (1)
  • Ultra Recon Squad (2)
  • Cynthia (4)
  • N (2)
  • Acerola (2)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Field Blower (1)
  • Rescue Stretcher (3)
  • Brigette (1)
  • Altar of the Moone (3)
  • Choice Band (3)
Energy (12):
  • Beast Energy Prism Star (1)
  • DCE (2)
  • Rainbow (4)
  • Psychic (5)
Spoilers:
  • Poipole
Poipole – Psychic – HP70
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

[C] Spit Poison: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

[P][C] Corpse Reviver: If this Pokemon is Knocked Out during your opponent’s next turn, your opponent does not take a Prize card.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Naganadel GX
Naganadel-GX – Psychic – HP210
Stage 1 (Ultra Beast) – Evolves from Poipole

[C] Beast Ride: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each Ultra Beast you have in play.

[P][C][C] Jet Tackle: 110 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

[C][C][C] Stinger GX: Each player shuffles their Prize cards into their deck. Then, each player takes 3 cards from the top of their deck and puts them face down as their Prize cards. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX – Psychic – HP180

Ability: Invasion
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.

[P][P][P] Flash of Darkness: 120 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

[P][P][P] Eclipse Moon GX: 180 damage. This attack can only be used if you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent’s next turn. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma
Dawn Wings Necrozma – Psychic – HP130

[P] Gulf Stream: 20+ damage. If you have 6 Prize cards remaining, this attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

[P][P][P] Dusk’s Blade: 130 damage. Discard 2 Energy from this Pokemon.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2
  • Ultra Recon Squad
Ultra Recon Squad – Trainer
Supporter

Discard up to 2 Ultra Beasts from your hand. Then, draw 3 cards for each card you discarded in this way.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

• Beast Energy Prism Star
Beast Energy Prism Star – Special Energy

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

This card provides [C] Energy.

While this card is attached to an Ultra Beast, it provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. The attacks of the Ultra Beast this card is attached to do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

So here's the plan (thus far). Beast ride on Naganadel involves having a full bench of Ultra Beast cards, so you use all of the cards labelled ultra beast to help you out.

Xurkitree is used to act as a wall against special energy using decks like Golisodor (if anyone still plays that), and the exact mirror match.

Pheromosa is the ideal starter here though, hence why there are four. With fast raid, you can go first, and if lucky, ko their only basic with the Beast energy attachment.

While I'd prefer not to use Lele, since it isn't an Ultra Beast, it's unavoidable. Acerola helps to remedy this a bit.

The combo of Necrozma and Nihilego GXs is intersting and fun imo. With Altar of the Moone, Necrozma has free retreat with an energy attached. This means that Nihilego's ability has no real consequence, which is awesome.

The baby Necrozmas are supposed to be decent-damage-dealing non-GX attackers that attack for very little energy. I could probably swap these for Dusk Manes at some point, but I'd have to do some intense testing first.

I also do not believe that this list is complete yet, not by a long shot. This is because there are still two ultra beasts that have yet to be revealed: Blacephalon (Burst) and Stakataka (Assembly). I think that these could potentially be fantastic additions, adding the potential for Fire damage off of Burst, or Metal/Fighting weakness of of Assembly. They'd need to have compatible energy costs however, not demanding all of the Rainbow Energies to use.

I'd love to hear your opinions, so lay 'em on me! Hopefully I have a better idea of how to build this deck than i do Luxray (apparently).

Edit: Added URS. Can be really useful draw support at the expense of dead cards like and extra Pheromosa, Nihilego, and/or Baby Dawn Wings. Also added a Rescue Stretcher as a poor man's attemp at cycling it despite there only being two.

Last edited:
Why not add a Buzzwole? Since people usually only use the first attack anyway. Not to mention it hits Zoroark for weakness.

I could, but I'd probably have to take out a Pheromosa for that, which I don't want to do, since I always want to start Pheromosa. And besides, with the Beast energy on it, it can kill the Zorua before it even gets a chance to evolve.

Back