• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format BKT-CRI: Buzzwole GX/Garbodor

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Pokemon: 14
4 Buzzwole GX
4 Trubbish GRI
2 Garbodor BKP
2 Garbodor GRI
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 30
4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
3 Guzma
2 Acerola
1 Brigette
4 Ultra Ball
3 Float Stone
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Field Blower
3 Po Town
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Special Charge

Energy: 13
6 Fighting
4 Strong
3 Rainbow

There's room for 3 more tech choices as it is currently. The goal is to soften up the opponent's board with Jet Punch while building up your bench, whether its for Buzzwole's other attacks or Trashalanche. Since this deck isn't reliant on abilities, Garbotoxin is a fine partner, and opens up use of GRI Garbodor for a one energy, single prize hitter.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
That three energy split makes me nervous, and having so much of be special energy too. Personally I've been looking into a Silvally partnership for Buzzwole. The synergy is pretty amazing.

If you want to stick to this setup though definitely go 4 Guzma. I'm always a little weary of stuff like FFB and Po Town with Field Blower around too.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I like the combo of Garbodor with Buzzwole GX which is Psychic-weak and Garbodor can counter.

A few thoughts for your consideration:

First of all, accessing a Rainbow when needed, can be difficult at times; so, I'd suggest replacing all your Rainbow energy with just, simple Psychic energy. You could then incorporate an Energy Retrieval and/or Professor's Letter to get needed Basic energy.

For the 3rd tech spot, I'd suggest incorporating a Max Potion to heal your initial, Jet Punch'ing Buzzwole GX in order to extend its Punch'ing and HP even further.

Another option for the 3rd empty slot is to add another card-draw Supporter.

Should you decide to use Psychic energy, also consider replacing the Rescue Stretcher with Super Rod.

From my experience in running Landorus EX and other Fighting-based decks, I have not had many situations where I wanted to include a Special charge in order to recover and recycle Strong energy. So again, if you do replace the Rainbow energy and Rescue Stretcher (as noted above), IMO, the Special Charge slot is no longer critical and can be replaced (with another Max Potion perhaps?)

I hope you find these comments helpful.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Another idea that has just occurred to me is to incorporate an Espeon EX which can be used to combo with the Po Town and Jet Punch'ing. Thoughts?

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Another idea that has just occurred to me is to incorporate an Espeon EX which can be used to combo with the Po Town and Jet Punch'ing. Thoughts?
Yeah, Espeon was another tech I was considering strongly. Same for Max Potion.

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Espeon ex and po town does seem good. I am leaning more towards a list that only uses garbotoxin so you can play more fighting energy! I am going to have an updated list with testing results soon.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
...I am leaning more towards a list that only uses garbotoxin so you can play more fighting energy! I am going to have an updated list with testing results soon.
Interestingly enough, I had a short discussion with a Poké pal about doing just that. Removing the 2-2 Trashalanche Garbodor line and the Psychic energy would open up lots of slots; so, how to fill these vacancies effectively becomes the key question... Thoughts?

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Interestingly enough, I had a short discussion with a Poké pal about doing just that. Removing the 2-2 Trashalanche Garbodor line and the Psychic energy would open up lots of slots; so, how to fill these vacancies effectively becomes the key question... Thoughts?
I changed up my list to be 3 trubbish, 2 garbotoxin and 1 trashalanche. I like having the extra trubbish because if you prize 1 then its really hard to get the lock out sometimes.
The 1 trashalanche is fine because im running 2 rescue stretcher and it really is nice to have that item pressure late game to guzma a lele and knockout with trash.
The downside is having to run rainbow. An energy count of 4 rainbow, 4 strong and 2 fighting works well because you can focus only on jet punching (alongside po town, espeon) and you can still use the occasional knuckle impact/absorption GX to get a big KO.
I will post the updated list soon. It is similar to the list Derium's Competitive just posted on youtube.

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
I tried a list with max elixirs and 8 fighting energy but it just did not feel like I was hitting them very often, especially compared to a 15 fire energy volcanion list (which is one of my main decks).

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
Probably wouldn't be a good idea, but Brooklet Hill + Regirock EX could help Buzzwole GX hit pretty big numbers for a single attachment. Only issue is that Regirock EX would get shut down by your own Garbotoxin, and would be a pretty big bench liability. I guess you could get the same effect with a 3-1-3 Machamp (GEN) line and baby Alolan Muk to shut off Basic abilities, but then it'd be super clunky with a stage 2 line requiring slots for Rare Candy (though having that Machoke GRI could help against things like Greninja BREAK, Tapu Koko SM30/31, other Buzzwole GX, Alolan Ninetails GX, Necrozma GX, Tapu Fini GX, etc).