Bisharp/Kingdra?

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
http://www.http://google.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/bisharp.jpg
85-kingdra.jpg

PokéBeach said:
Bisharp – Darkness – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Pawniard

[D] Finishing Blow: 20+ damage. If the Defending Pokemon already has damage counters on it, this attack does 50 more damage.
[D][C] Night Slash: 30 damage. Switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

A Stage 1 doing 70 for 1/80 for 1 Sp. Dark with Kingdra to add 10 damage? If it weren't for the Donphan weakness and only 90 HP, this could be REALLY good.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't add Kingdra JUST for the extra 10 damage. It's just an easy target for Catcher in Zekrom-based decks.

Bisharp – Darkness – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Pawniard

[D] Finishing Blow: 20+ damage. If the Defending Pokemon already has damage counters on it, this attack does 50 more damage.
[D][C] Night Slash: 30 damage. Switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

The Pokemon need to be damaged already for the attack to be any good. That's why Kingdra is in here.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that this card is just bad. It's basically Mandibuzz, except it does 20 more damage but only hits the active. Which means Mandibuzz is over all a lot better. Now tell me, did Mandibuzz ever find it's way into any competitive decks?

sillykyle! said:
Anyway, my personal opinion is that this card is just bad. It's basically Mandibuzz, except it does 20 more damage but only hits the active. Which Mandibuzz is over all a lot better. Now tell me, did Mandibuzz ever find it's way into any competitive decks?

It actually does 30 more since will almost always be using sp. dark since it's hitting the active full time, unlike mandibuzz.

But no, I agree. It could be fun to play with, but it won't be too competitive. I do think it could see play in mandibuzz decks as a sweeper, but 90hp is too low and 80 isn't enough for a main attacker.

sillykyle! said:
The Pokemon need to be damaged already for the attack to be any good. That's why Kingdra is in here.
This is why we need Crobat G in the format again. ^_^
But no Poketurn. Those shenanigans were terrible.

Madibuzz is a lot better IMO, only because you can drag up a heavy retreat pokemon and snipe around it

Scizorliscious said:
If it weren't for the Donphan weakness and only 90 HP, this could be REALLY good.
You basically spoke out what's just terribly wrong with this card. Several other Stage One decks have no particular problem with HP issues and are not as easily OHKO'd. Furthermore, they don't need a Stage Two bench sitter to be able to do decent damage. If I catcher your kingdra and take it out, it's over for you if you can't setup another Kingdra.

Kingdra can do that exact amount (Minus the Sp Dark). Without having to set up another pokemon to use this combo. Unless of course your fighting a deck that has fire type pokemon in it. I prefer the old KingBuzz myself. Which is the same thing except it does damage to the bench.

Yeah, this is all true (pretty much everything here), although I do feel like this card is preferable to Mandibuzz. It does 20-30 more damage per attack with Kingdra, and in this format, there's not much important stuff on the bench you can 2HKO. Besides, with Catcher, hitting things on the bench shouldn't even be a problem.

EDIT: Kingdra can't do the same thing. It does 10 less damage, even without Special Dark. It's a Stage 2 as well, so harder to set up and keep running. And it does horribly against one of the most-played decks in the format as well as the BDIF (TyRam and ZPST, respectively).

Scizorliscious said:
Yeah, this is all true (pretty much everything here), although I do feel like this card is preferable to Mandibuzz. It does 20-30 more damage per attack with Kingdra, and in this format, there's not much important stuff on the bench you can 2HKO. Besides, with Catcher, hitting things on the bench shouldn't even be a problem.

EDIT: Kingdra can't do the same thing. It does 10 less damage, even without Special Dark. It's a Stage 2 as well, so harder to set up and keep running. And it does horribly against one of the most-played decks in the format as well as the BDIF (TyRam and ZPST, respectively).
With Catcher it could be good but with only 90 Hp it's very fragile. And with all these lock decks floating around catcher is just a dead weight in your hand. And you are right it does hit for 10 less. My bad.

Scizorliscious said:
Kingdra doesn't need Bisharp. Bisharp needs Kingdra. And a Kingdra can splash in a Zoro to counter both of its weakest matchups just like Bisharp has to.

I'm still not seeing how this card is better than Yanmega in the deck. Can somebody explain?

It does more damage with Sp. Dark, and you don't have to worry about matching hand size. It's probably not preferable, but still an idea.

i think bisharp could work realy well with T-tar, if you darkness howl everything and then bring up bisharp you could do some damaage. I know its not the strongest card in the word but c'mon yall are acting like its complete garbage.

It is pretty trashy, hate to be hating. I don't know why you would play a card, when there is a better card that does the exact same thing, such as Yanmega, or Mandibuzz (kinda). I can't think of a single reason why this card out classes Yanmega. I don't get it guys. The one reason I could see this card seeing play is because not everyone can afford Yanmegas, but it is still a pretty poor substitute, especially because it is going to need a Stage 2 line, on top of it already being a Stage 1, to function. Sorry I don't see the potential.

Yanmega vs. Bisharp

Pros:
Don't need to worry about same hand size (despite the fact that I have never seen this be an issue).
10 more damage.
Let me know if I am forgetting anything.

Cons:
Less HP.
Worse weakness.
No snipe.
Needs a Kingdra to work properly.
Isn't splashable.
Needs energy.
Has a retreat.
ok.

Back