• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Birdies and Marshmallows (Ho-Oh EX / Togekiss)

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I mean I does look like a marshmallow... 468.png
So I've been testing a ho oh yveltal. Deck and it has been working wonderful... Until I found out that rainbow doesn't work in the discard pile. So I picked up a few togekiss ex and I have yet to test it, but I think it could work! Without the compressors it might work.

Pokémon:
  • 4 Togekiss EX
  • 3 Ho-oh EX
  • 1 Smeargle
  • 1-1 Octillery / 2 Shaymin EX (depends on cost or preference)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Max Elixer
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy:
  • 3 Water Energy
  • 3 Fire Energy
  • 3 Lighting Energy
  • 3 Grass Energy
  • 5 Fairy Energy
  • 1 Rainbow Energy
Strategy:

So the perfect first hand with this deck would be one Ho-Oh, one Togekiss, a Smeargle, Fairy Garden Shauna and Professor's Letter. Here is how you play it. Start with Togekiss Active and bench the Ho-Oh and Smeargle. Play Fairy Garden, attach the Fairy Energy, and play Professor's Letter to get 2 Energy and use its first attack to attach an energy to Ho-Oh.

Togekiss-EX accelerates from the hand which means you are prone to running out of resources and therefore will want a 2-2 octillery line with 2 float stones. The one rainbow energy seems somewhat out of place.

The most interesting variants I've played against or seen are Mega Manectric EX Turbo Bolt Attack and Vivillon Energy Color Ability. Might be worth testing.

Togekiss-EX accelerates from the hand which means you are prone to running out of resources and therefore will want a 2-2 octillery line with 2 float stones. The one rainbow energy seems somewhat out of place.

The most interesting variants I've played against or seen are Mega Manectric EX Turbo Bolt Attack and Vivillon Energy Color Ability. Might be worth testing.
I had the Rainbow energy incase the energies were in they some were prized. The reason I didnt use the Vivillion is because I dont like to rely on coin flips. The Mega Manectric-EX is a really good idea, but price is not too attractive to me. I will definately concider some of the options on the plate at the moment. Thanks for the help!
EDIT: I really want to make this deck work well. How many Mega Manectric's do you reccomend to have in the deck?

Last edited:
This list is also 61 cards. I tried building it up in PTCGO and the 6 remaining cards I needed was greater than the 5 slots I had open :p.

Back