Better Forum Games

Zero

Renegade Writer
Hello ya'll. I have noticed a recent influx on serebii-inspired ideas. These ideas primarily involve the game corner and sub-forums.

I, while not being a staff member, can pretty much assure that anything you want from the serebii forums will not happen here. The mods will not create sub forums that seem to be popular on serebii unless there is reason to. If you like the sub forums, use them on serebii.

The same thing goes for games in the game corner. Please do not recreate all the games on serebii that you like. If you really enjoy them, play them on the serebii forums. It is socially acceptable to copy the BEST one, but when our entire game corner is a spawn of the serebii game corner, that is not acceptable. That is not to say that copying is not ok. For example, I have taken my werewolf concepts straight down from Andrew Looney himself. This is not bad, though. I introduce my original takes on this game. Most of the games I've noticed from serebii have the same verbage, ideas, and concepts as their original threads.

Once again, be creative! Rarely copy ideas from other forums. If you do, ensure that its unique to you. If you REALLY need to copy it, copy it on its original forum. I speak for most PBers in saying that the copies from Serebii have become really lame and unoriginal. Most of the 1337s have learned to completely ignore people known for copying threads from Serebii. Try to come up with your ORIGINAL games if possible. Those always seem to be the most popular anyways.

I'm just sayin' :)

RE: We are not Serebii!

Yeah, I speak for everyone when we need better games. Don't just get everything from Serebii though; other Forums have games and the best ones take some thought.

dmaster out.

RE: We are not Serebii!

Some members don't even know that they are coming from other sites other than the creator though but the rest may not know though.:)

Well, I could remake the famous Vending Machine game (that everyone loves).

As long as a game is interesting to people I don't see the harm. If it makes people who spend time in their game section start posting here more that's not really a bad thing. But I'm not really the demographic for that forum so I guess I don't speak for those people very well.

Porygon said:
As long as a game is interesting to people I don't see the harm. If it makes people who spend time in their game section start posting here more that's not really a bad thing. But I'm not really the demographic for that forum so I guess I don't speak for those people very well.
That's the problem. Copied games rarely have thought put into them. That's why they are not fun or interesting. I'm saying that people should be original to create better games.

Also, thanks dnub for changing the subject :)

I agree. Does anyone know if my game is from another forum? Because I only go on the beach. x.x

^not to my knowledge. And, see, you actually came up with it on your own even if it had been done before. Notice its post #. That game is truly entertaining for me to troll lurk ... watch...

IMO something should be done about this issue. OOOOOOH JON!!!

EDIT: OMG did I really say "influx" in my first post? I feel like a nerdier nerd than I really am...

^I did. Notice my Werewolf game? It's unique for werewolf. I'm saying that a prebuilt template is good, but the final product needs to be unique...

I never changed the subject. And Jon is probably too busy.

dmaster out.

I don't really see the problem at all. A change of location isn't going to make a game any less fun, and on top of that, if a game really was not fun at all, people wouldn't play it, and it would die. It's a natural selection-like thing, I guess you could say. So if these games truly were unoriginal and therefore boring, they would cease to exist.

However, if they aren't graveyards, that means that some people do find them fun. I suppose our games are very similar or twins of Serebii games, but If I'm not mistaken, Serebii has a much larger crowd (I think?) and therefore produces more original ideas.

I dunno. Since when is the forum focus on the Game Corner anyhow, wasn't it planned to be nuked a a year ago?

I don't see a problem. If it helps drive in traffic then the more the marierr XD. As long it does not have EXACT down to the letter and everything it is fine. If it is altered for here that is fine but it can't be exact wording as it is known as forging nowadays.:)

^^and^
The people who primarily play these games all seem to play them on their original forum. There is no added traffic to the site. It is primarily some n00b who wants to be "cool" and run the game them-self who posts it on the beach. And, more than that, the true games lose less interest because of these copies. For example, my homegrown werewolf has much less interest because of the three Serebii knock-offs going on. Game-over-time Games should be at least a tad bit unique, or let the unique ones remain on their own.

More than that, I've seen word-for-word knock offs of games from other sites. That would be ok if there was public permission given, but I doubt that is true for all copied games.

I'm just sayin' :)

And yes miles, the GC was supposed to go poof, but its still here, for now :p

Does that mean anything? I doubt it. I've said nothing about WW being on serebii. I took the WW idea from Looney Labs. Got the idea from Pokegym, but really studied it at origins.

Back