Best Ways to Improve Consistency Without Shaymin-EX

Croppernicus

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there! I'm very new to the game and I'd like to know; what are some good cards besides Shaymin EX to boost my consistency? I've seen Unown, Sycamore, Acro Bike, Trainers' Mail, Ultra Ball, and more, but I'm always looking for new ways to bump my consistency. I'm playing Yveltal/Zoroark, if that makes a difference :)

Hi there! Welcome to the competitive aspect of Pokemon cards!

There's lots of cards that improve consistency. Even cards that don't always immediately prove helpful early game like Super Rod can increase consistency late game. If you want to get find out which cards are good enough staples to be included in the majority of decks, go check out the Deck Garage. You should be able to get a feel for which cards can provide consistency by looking at a variety of decks. Some cards off the top of my head that Yveltal/Zoroark can use to increase consistency are Max Elixir and Captivating Pokepuff. Max Elixir can accelerate Energy onto Yveltal EX, making Evil Ball faster and powerful and Captivating Pokepuff can increase the damage output for Zoroark. It can also make use of some of the cards you suggested like Sycamore, Mail, Ultra Ball and Acro Bike.

Hope this helps!

It did! Thank you so much, I'll absolutely look into Poke Puff and Max Elixer; I also recently discovered Octillery which is very cool. Thanks for your response!!!

Back