BW/BW2 Best way to complete the pokedex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Z

Zach Carmichael
I would like to complete the entire Pokedex this summer, but I'm not sure where to begin. I'm thinking start at HeartGold/SoulSilver, do what I can there, and then beat Black/White and transfer. Any ideas?

1. Get Platinum version for sure. I read somewhere that you can almost catch everything in there (save for Starters/Legends obv). HG/SS and B/W are prime candidates next.
2. Get a lot of Balls.
3. Throw a lot of Balls.
4. ???
5. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

That's personally what I think.

dmaster out.

See how much you can get on Platinum. Then post a thread in the trading corner to get what else you need, and then migrate it all.

Platinum had almost every single Pokemon available. Heartgold and Soulsilver filled in the gaps. In Black and White, you should see every single Unova Pokemon besides the genie that isn't in your game and Landorus. To get both of them, you will need the opposite version of the one you have (if you have Black, you will need someone with a Thundurus from White, and vice versa).

Oh wow forgot about Vullaby and Mandibuzz. You can't see the Mandibuzz family from ANYONE in White (yet you see the Braviary family in Black...).

I believe it is possible to obtain every pokemon in HG/SS and platinum combined. Your problems will come in the form of the starters and the regis. You will need to have at least 2 games of the same generation (HG/SS and platinum) and restart your game multiple times and trade to get all 3 starters. Also, you will need to get 2 of the 3 kanto and johto starters from someone else (unless you want to play through the entire game and post-game 3 times) and you will need to get the regis from someone as well unless you can transfer from R/S/E. If you dont have all the events, that could be hindering as well. Im planning to try do this too this summer and these are my thoughts so far.

I think I'll lock this for the time being. To be frank, there isn't a single best way to complete the Pokédex, considering that ultimately you're going to reach the same goal regardless of the path you choose and any similar permutation of it therein, and if it's a question of efficiency, the fastest and least painful way to complete the Pokédex is simply to make any resources you can available, be it in-game, online, or otherwise, as the discussion thus far has indicated. Other than that, I don't think much else can be said, but don't hesitate to let me know if you think otherwise…

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back