Best Theme Deck

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
I've been trying to get back into the TCG and have researched some decks, but they all seem to be upwards of $100.

I see that them decks are only around $12, so I was wondering what the best theme deck is to start a deck around without having to add more than, say, 20 or 30 dollars.

Thanks.

I'd go with the "Solar Strike" theme deck. It comes with a Pokemon catcher which is a staple for deck building (if you want to make your own deck) and 2 prof. Junipers (another staple). Hope this helps your decision!

:EDIT: I noticed it also comes with an Ultra ball(another great card) so I'd definitely say this is the deck for you. If you have any trainers I'd take out some useless pokemon lines which are in it and put those in, provided they serve a purpose.

Lvl 100 Bidoof said:
I'd go with the "Solar Strike" theme deck. It comes with a Pokemon catcher which is a staple for deck building (if you want to make your own deck) and 2 prof. Junipers (another staple). Hope this helps your decision!

:EDIT: I noticed it also comes with an Ultra ball(another great card) so I'd definitely say this is the deck for you. If you have any trainers I'd take out some useless pokemon lines which are in it and put those in, provided they serve a purpose.

Which changes would you recommend making?

-2 Remoraid
-2 Octillery

-2 Ducklett

+6 TSS (trainers, supporters stadiums)
I don't know what trainers you have, so I can't really give precise advice.
Also, as this deck is a theme deck, don't expect high performance. Even after necessary tweaks.
As you have a small budget, there isn't much you can do. Adding staple trainers adds up, and will cost a lot. Ideally you will focus on the pokemon that seem to be doing the best for you and make changes from there.

Lvl 100 Bidoof said:
-2 Remoraid
-2 Octillery

-2 Ducklett

+6 TSS (trainers, supporters stadiums)
I don't know what trainers you have, so I can't really give precise advice.
Also, as this deck is a theme deck, don't expect high performance. Even after necessary tweaks.

Alright, thanks.

BTW, before you go buying anything, I'd wait for some more replies. Some people might have good reasons for using other decks that I didn't notice.

Solar Strike is good for the cards individually but its not the "Best" overall built deck IMHO, Its hard to say what the best deck is but I know Psy Crush is pretty effective as a standalone deck add a few singles, Junipers, catchers search cards and your good.

You could buy 1 Solar Strike to get the "Good Cards" and a psy crush to get a good built deck and combine them to make a pretty effective deck IMO.

plus then you can pick more copies of staple cards as you play and learn later on without sinking $100+ up front :)

I told someone else this when they asked me the same question, but I'd say pick up one or two copies of Solar Strike as it comes with Blastoise, then get 2 or 3 of either the Keldeo EX tins, or the promos themselves (with the tins you'll get packs which could contain more useful cards for your deck, but I'm not sure what sets are in the Keldeo tins), then you've got a very basic Blastoise/Keldeo deck! :)

Of course you could buy two of the Solar Strike deck.
Then look on Pokegym for a thread called "double decking".

Back