DPPt/HGSS Best team ever!

Which generation had the best battle worthy pokemon? (not your favorites!)

• 1rst Generation

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 2nd Generation

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • 3rd Generation

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 4rth Generation

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyCool

Aspiring Trainer
I want to know YOUR dream team?
What is the best team for D/P Story Mode Play?
For all pokemon, put together?
Best for Competitive play?
Best for In-Game play?
And All Non-Legendary!

I want to hear it all, from EVERYONE! :D

If you add in stuff that's gotten new evolutions since it first came out, GSC probably added the most pokémon that are still seriously used competitively. Skarmory, Blissey, Suicune, Heracross, Misdreavus, Scizor, Espeon, Umbreon, Raikou, Porygon2, Tyranitar.

All of which were big back then are are still big now (unless they've gotten new evos since).

There is no "best" team, but if you're talking most common, it'd probably be something like Skarmory, Garchomp, Blissey, Gengar, Tyranitar, Milotic

A good powerful team for first time play through is the following in my opinion. I have 3 versions (One version for each starter
Chimchar

Infernape
Luxray
Dialga/Palkia
Floatzel/Manaphy
Roserade
Azelf

Turtwig

Torterra
Luxray
Dialga/Palkia
Floatzel/Manaphy
Azelf
Lucario

Piplup

Empoleon
Lucario
Roserade
Dialga/Palkia
Azelf
Luxray

In-Game play
Infernape
Luxray
Charizard
Scizor
Tyranitar
Staraptor/Pidgeot

Competitive play
Blastoise/Floatzel/Laprus
Charizard/Infernape
Luxray
Aipom
Scizor
Venasaur

CrazyAipom said:
Luxray
Dialga
Aipom

Luxray: Isn't it bad next to jolteon?

Dialga: ? You must not have seen the no legendaries rule I put near the end.
Its just not my "type."

Aipom: ????
0_o no offence but....??

freakysmiley said:
hmmm competitive i believe skamory bronzong garchomp togekiss infernape and gengar/alakazam

Okay, but why would you have both togekiss and skarmory? two flying types?? Otherwise, great!
Absol said:
Lol, mine's Infernape, Tentacruel and Bronzong. That's all.

O_O

at least you werent as crazy as me all i had through all 8 gyms and the e4 was my empoleon.

it is one good dude! I got adamant on the first try!

3rd Generation, IMO. It have Solrock, Lunatone, Claydol, Metagross, the Regis, Cradily, Salamence, Flygon, Sceptile... that's about it from me... for now.

But, the 3rd Generation has the best, and most, Psych Up'ers. *looks at first 6 Pokemon on list*

3rd Generation, IMO. It have Solrock, Lunatone, Claydol, Metagross, the Regis, Cradily, Salamence, Flygon, Sceptile... that's about it from me... for now.

But, the 3rd Generation has the best, and most, Psych Up'ers. *looks at first 6 Pokemon on list*

GODZILLA said:

once again, no legendaries!!!!

either way, i meant a specific team, not just 4 of the same type!

The best battle worthy Pokemon are the Kanto Pokemon because they were the ones that started it all and the have the best attacks ever made and with the "Gotta catch em all" "Pokemon" slogan it is why pokemon was at it's hottest and now that they took those lines out it is not super strong but it is really strong and they should have brought that back for Diamond and Pearl. I say the first generation is the best team worthy for those reasons.:)

Arctic_Thunder said:
GODZILLA said:
3rd Generation, IMO.  It have Solrock, Lunatone, Claydol, Metagross, the Regis, Cradily, Salamence, Flygon, Sceptile... that's about it from me... for now.

o.0 Just because a Pokemon is a Legendary, doesn't mean it's any good. Take Unown for example. (ZOMG! EATS A LEGENDARI! I MUUST KETCH EAt!) No, it's worse than even Ledian. And even then, Ledian is one of the worst Pokemon ever made. :/

Anyway, Zilla was saying that most of the currently used Pokemon for Competitive Teams and/or Battling comes from the 3rd Generation. And I have to say it's true.

Blaziken and Medicham are monster Sweepers. Cradily and Ludi is Annoying. Dusclops is versatile, Salamence is Monster, Regis are pwnage, Jirachi is support, everything is here. =]

There is no "best" team. Maybe most used, favourite, most challenging to pull-off, etc. To me, I like using Swagger-Swap, Psycho-Pass and Aero-King.

Arctic_Thunder said:

Just to point out, the legendary trios are not overpowered, it's the "uber-legendaries" like Mewtwo, Lugia, Arceus, etc... that are considered too strong. The legendary birds, cats, regis, and pixies technically aren't even as strong as Garchomp, Metagross, Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Salamence.

Arctic_Thunder said:

He wasn't trying to list 4 of te same type, the first few he listed just happened to be psychic, he was just saying that the 3rd generation added the most useful pokémon.

Okay first there is no best team. But I have to say that the 4th gen brought in some powerful sweepers and tanks. Second gen was also very good. Third gen was okay but not the best. I have to say 4th gen is the best.

There is no best team, I am just wondering what to do when I start a battling online, and I was looking for a almost foolproof team!

Arctic_Thunder said:
There is no best team, I am just wondering what to do when I start a battling online, and I was looking for a almost foolproof team!
No one has a team that is foolproof.

SkarmBliss is getting old, isn't it?

The best few non-legendaries are Dragonite, Tyranitar (esp. this one, no idea why), Salamence,Metagross and Garchomp. Their movesets are good and their BST is 600, even higher than some legendaries.

Wouldn't the best for competitive be best for in-game?

The best generation?

3rd generation brought in two powerhouses: Salamence and Metagross.

But remember that 4th gen made some quite-powerful Pokemon evolve.

The team I used when I beat the eleit 4 was

Empoleon
Dialga
Luxray
Rapadash(had to)
Honchkrow
Abomasnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back