Discussion Best Snipe Pokemon?

Demosthenes1

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all.

In the current format, I am looking to create an efficient snipe deck utilizing basic or stage 1 pokemon that can do spread/snipe damage.. this forum can be used to discuss snipe and spread strategies, as I have interest/decklists for Pokemon such as EVO beedrill, greninja Break, and Mega Alakazam EX, and am always interested in expanding my horizons.

Ideally, these would be colorless or psychic (I am building a Lunala GX deck, of which I have a futurecast list in the deck building forum).

There are a variety of Pokémon that can spread damage. For example for Expanded format, consider the following:
  • Landorus EX. Its first attack (for F energy cost) inflicts 30 damage onto the opponent's Defending, as well as, a benched Pokémon.
  • Trevenant BREAK drops/places damage counters onto all opponent's Pokémon. This effect can not be countered like some damage spread attacks or Abilities.
Some other Pokémon that can spread damage are:
  • Galvantula is a bi-Type (Grass and Lightning) Pokémon that can inflict 30 damage (for C energy cost) onto 2 opponent's benched Pokémon AND also hit for Weakness. So, this Pokémon can be a very effective attacker.
  • Raichu (BKT) that can inflict damage onto all opponent's EX Pokémon.
  • Tapu Koko (promo) can spread 20 damage (for CC energy cost) onto all opponent's Pokémon. It's a free-retreating, 110 HP Basic which makes it quite versatile.
  • Yveltal BREAK's attack both the Defending and opponent's benched Pokémon already wounded.
There is also a Psychic Pokémon I once used with M Alakazam EX to spread damage onto 2 opponent's Pokémon (20 damage apiece I think), but I can't remember its name. Tapu Koko essentially replaced that Pokémon very quickly.

Hope these comments help.

I don't know if sniping is the best strategy with Lunala GX. If the goal is to be using the ability, you want pokemon with stacking damage like the new Mewtwo GX. Marshadow could also work in this deck to be able to use Mewtwo's attack without being weak to garb, although you give up 40 hp for it.

If snipe is what you really want, I would love to hear how that works with Lunala GX.

Alakazam EX/M Alakazam EX do spread damage, but I think there ends up being too much build up for the damage that is spread.

There are a variety of Pokémon that can spread damage. For example for Expanded format, consider the following:
  • Landorus EX. Its first attack (for F energy cost) inflicts 30 damage onto the opponent's Defending, as well as, a benched Pokémon.
  • Trevenant BREAK drops/places damage counters onto all opponent's Pokémon. This effect can not be countered like some damage spread attacks or Abilities.
  • Galvantula is a bi-Type (Grass and Lightning) Pokémon that can inflict 30 damage (for C energy cost) onto 2 opponent's benched Pokémon AND also hit for Weakness. So, this Pokémon can be a very effective attacker.
  • Tapu Koko (promo) can spread 20 damage (for CC energy cost) onto all opponent's Pokémon. It's a free-retreating, 110 HP Basic which makes it quite versatile.
  • Yveltal BREAK's attack both the Defending and opponent's benched Pokémon already wounded.
There is also a Psychic Pokémon I once used with M Alakazam EX to spread damage onto 2 opponent's Pokémon (20 damage apiece I think), but I can't remember its name. Tapu Koko essentially replaced that Pokémon very quickly.

You know, I decided to build a Landorus EX deck for kicks since I had a special "do 4k damage using fighting pokemon" challenge anyway. I paired it with both Zygarde EX and Lucario EX just to make sure I always had at least 1 fighting type that wasn't weak to something. You know what happened? I literally played Landorus EX 1 time in 10 games because I kept running into water decks in some form or fashion (Archie's, Volcanion, Toad Owls, Toad Bats). The card is so awesome when you can actually use it, but there are so many decks that light it up right now that I found myself using battle compressor to get it out of my deck rather than playing it. Maybe I just had bad luck in my match ups, but 1 game out of 10 being non-weakness makes me think super hard about whether I actually want to try to put together a competitive deck or direct others to play it! Oh, the one game I saw that wasn't a weakness deck was Lurantis GX. Landorus played huge in that match :D

I may try Trevenent Break in expanded, as that deck is far more viable there. In standard, I may play it with Lunala GX as I had planned, but it may be better as a standalone card. As well, Tapu koko deals less damage across the board, but is a basic, which makes it more viable as well. I like Raichu, but its biggest flaw is that day by day, EXs are becoming less and less relevent.

You know, I decided to build a Landorus EX deck for kicks since I had a special "do 4k damage using fighting pokemon" challenge anyway. I paired it with both Zygarde EX and Lucario EX just to make sure I always had at least 1 fighting type that wasn't weak to something. You know what happened? I literally played Landorus EX 1 time in 10 games because I kept running into water decks in some form or fashion (Archie's, Volcanion, Toad Owls, Toad Bats). The card is so awesome when you can actually use it, but there are so many decks that light it up right now that I found myself using battle compressor to get it out of my deck rather than playing it. Maybe I just had bad luck in my match ups, but 1 game out of 10 being non-weakness makes me think super hard about whether I actually want to try to put together a competitive deck or direct others to play it! Oh, the one game I saw that wasn't a weakness deck was Lurantis GX. Landorus played huge in that match :D
Toad was the biggest threat to my Landorus EXs back then, but I found a GREAT counter to those W-type. I will PM you my list later today.

Back