Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Worst trainer?

oh wait...surges secret plan or whatever it was. That card was so god-awful confusing and had no purpose at all. ;/

I think Energy Search is the worst trainer because it can only search for 1 energy & I prefer Mr Stone's Project eventhough you can only use it once every turn...

Energy Search. There's great alternatives, and if you just think about it, it's basically just like putting another energy into you're deck but wasting room. In other words... Energy Search = Fire Energy, just add another and save yourself the time.

Crystal Shard is great against Pokemon with Colorless type, or if you're deck is all one type and you need to get around a certain resistance.

Lou Cypher said:
Anyway, I'd probably say Maintainance or Devolution Spray.

Maintenance was great waaay back in the original sets with base set Mewtwo. I think the deck was called Mulligans Mewtwo? Anyways, it ran 4 Mewtwo, 4 Maintenance, and 52 Psychic energies. Back then, there was no way to get around it, and you just stalled forever. Maintenance avoided decking yourself.

And Devo Spray? I'd die if that was reprinted. Eeveelutions, Rhyperior... and it's an awesome alternative to Surprise! Time Machine.

I think potion, it is not worth it for 2 damage counters to take up room

Ah the card is actually called Minion of Team Rocket, sorry guys.

Papi/Manny gets close with Lt. Surge's Secret Plan but I stand by my decision.

Energy Search: This card has been horribly discriminated, however could become usefull. In the new format it's nice in Budew's Swiss Army Knife (see here http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=18668). I can't think of any modified Trainer cards that let you search for an energy (if there is plz tell me). I agree with Whicker that Minion of TR is the worst.

RE: Strongest cards

Bet you think you're slick.

Energy Search for sure. Anyway, can someone explain me how Lt. Surge's Secret Plan works? And where can I find a scan of Minion of Team Rocket? Thanks a lot.
@ Master of the six kings: Holon Lass, Mr. Stone's Projects and Mr. Stones. Anyway:
Black Winged Gengar said:
Energy Search. There's great alternatives, and if you just think about it, it's basically just like putting another energy into you're deck but wasting room. In other words... Energy Search = Fire Energy, just add another and save yourself the time.

Whicker said:

Uhh... if you're lucky, Minion of Team Rocket's effect is useful. Lt. Surge's Secret Plan can function as GoW bait so it has some sort of use but I can see why thse cards would be considered bad.

My opinion is Pokemon Personality Test. What other type of Pokemon do people use often that is not normal? So, unless you have some unique deck build, you opponent will almost always have the advantage with this card.

InfiniteMasterEx said:
Whicker said:

Uhh... if you're lucky, Minion of Team Rocket's effect is useful. Lt. Surge's Secret Plan can function as GoW bait so it has some sort of use but I can see why thse cards would be considered bad.

Minion of Team Rocket is useful? How so? Returning an opponent's benched to his or her HAND isn't good enough for a 75% chance of ending your own turn.

Pokemon Personality Test isn't THAT bad. If you played a few normal cards with a dark base, then you can get an easy three cards. It isn't spectacular by any means but I don't see why it's bad.

For the person who asked what Minion of Team Rocket does:
http://www.pokebeach.com/sets/gymheroes.html

scroll down and you'll find it.

Whicker said:
InfiniteMasterEx said:
Whicker said:

Minion of Team Rocket is useful? How so? Returning an opponent's benched to his or her HAND isn't good enough for a 75% chance of ending your own turn.

Pokemon Personality Test isn't THAT bad. If you played a few normal cards with a dark base, then you can get an easy three cards. It isn't spectacular by any means but I don't see why it's bad.

For the person who asked what Minion of Team Rocket does:
http://www.pokebeach.com/sets/gymheroes.html

scroll down and you'll find it.

At least you have a chance for an advantage. As I said, unless you have some odd deck, then Pokemon Personality Test will always give your opponent an extra advantage. And even if you have a unique deck, most likely it will focus on one type (like Dark Pokemon decks using only Dark pokemon, for example), making it still easy to guess, and there are better draw cards.

There isn't any dark basic pokemon anyways (besides Celebi, which does not evolve further anyways.)

Actually, I take back what I said. Charity is the worst trainer card. It got cut far before It became any use. The only card it helps is blazekin ex CG. And of course it can help against Mr. Mime ex. But it was cut long before that and has lost its use.

i think devolution spray was the worst i mean who would want to devolve their pokemon itd be weaker

Master of the six kings said:
Actually, I take back what I said. Charity is the worst trainer card. It got cut far before It became any use. The only card it helps is blazekin ex CG. And of course it can help against Mr. Mime ex. But it was cut long before that and has lost its use.

What is charity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back