Best Place to Purchase Cards in Canada?

Tamara

Aspiring Trainer
I found a seller in Canada that sells sealed booster boxes. They cost $96.95 for the box & $9.95 for shipping. Because they're in Canada, they also add a 12% HST rate on top of the box & shipping costs, so in total, it costs about $115 - $120. They come from Montreal, and the shipping speed is pretty good. They get to the other side of Canada in about 5 days, sometimes less. I know that ordering stuff from the States can be a little stressful because of customs & import fees and whatnot, so I'm pretty content ordering from this seller. I also know that to most people $120 seems like a lot for a box, but it's better than the $160 - $180 I'd pay if I were to buy a box locally. Anyways, they ship worldwide, so if anyone is interested in who the seller is, I'll let ya know! Also, the pull rates are great. ;)

Victini-V

Aspiring Trainer
Again, title says it all. What do you think is the cheapest card store? Cardmasters, K-O's, or 401 games? Also, are Cardmasters products very expensive?
EDIT: Another thing I want to ask. Do Beijing sell all fake cards?

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer
RE: Best Place to get Cards in Canada?

In Canada, I'd say the best place would be either the big box stores (Wal-Mart, etc) or your local trading card store.

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer

Local hobby shops or comic shops are your best bet for getting them a little under the usual $4.99 price. Or you could wait for one of Toys R Us' Pokemon sales when a new item is recently released. They usually put the new items on sale for a real good price before they are jacked up to their normal price.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Do you have a Big B's Comic Store near you? If so you are in luck as there cards were usually pretty cheap and they even had single cards card holders and sleeves. Have not been there for about 8 years though so don't know now. Wal Mart is good and also some smoke shops sell TCG cards. You are expected to pay $5.00 everywhere at least though.:)

TheJulps2

Aspiring Trainer
Best Place for Sealed Boxes in Canada

Hi, I'm searching for the best place online to buy booster boxes, tins and other sealed Pokemon product in Canada. I bought from Collectors Cache and Troll and Toad already but with the really high shipping price, it wasn't a good deal. (I could find better price at my local shop) So any sites that you know and that has low price even with the shipping in Canada would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Best Place for Sealed Boxes in Canada

Hey TheJulps, I'm not sure where in Canada you live, but I've bought from both 401 Games and GameShack in Toronto! I believe GameShack has some shipping deals within Canada as well. Not sure if 401 Games does orders, but if you're anywhere near Toronto they're usually my go-to place for boxes.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
The OP is probably in Toronto judging from the list of card shops he mentioned.

Now me, all I could suggest are:

Fusion Gaming
Game Knight Games
Face Off Cards
Galaxy Comics

Any guesses where I live? lol.

From my experience, a game store is always better than Walmart, Target, or Toysrus every time if you live in Canada.

I went on a vacation to Toronto, and I scouted some card shops, and 401 games is probably the only worthwhile one, until I went to another store that I don't want to mention, or else you might buy up all the product that i want. This store is like a treasure trove. I "jizzed in my pants" when I saw how many old MTG theme decks they had. They even have old Pokemon theme decks. As a theme deck collector for MTG, Pokemon, and Yugioh, there is so much stuff I could have bought, but didn't due to budget reasons. Only bought 2 MTG and 1 Pokemon theme deck from there. That place probably won't have what you want anyway, and 401 games is probably the best. Now comparing any card shop in Toronto to the 4 I mentioned above, all of them aren't as good as the 4 mentioned above, except for 401 games, and that super awesome treasure trove of a card shop where I bought my old theme decks for MTG and Pokemon.

Quebec City probably has the biggest card shop that I have set foot in. Any guesses what the name of that one is?

Impure

Aspiring Trainer
Places to get cheap cards in Calgary.

I just started collecting Pokemon cards recently and I'm just wondering if there are any places in Calgary, AB (Some place in Canada) to get relatively cheap cards/seal products, compared to Walmart or Target. Also are booster boxes mainly only available through online orders, if so I was thinking of getting a booster box from http://www.thepokecapital.com/ since their prices seem slightly cheaper in comparison to other online stores.

Thanks in advance.

TCGDeoxys

I'm made of DNA, just like you are!
RE: Best Place for Sealed Boxes in Canada

TheJulps2 said:
Hi, I'm searching for the best place online to buy booster boxes, tins and other sealed Pokemon product in Canada. I bought from Collectors Cache and Troll and Toad already but with the really high shipping price, it wasn't a good deal. (I could find better price at my local shop) So any sites that you know and that has low price even with the shipping in Canada would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I would just take a look at the sellers on Amazon. If you get Amazon Prime, most items have free shipping. eBay is not that bad either. Personally though, I would just buy it at a store so you don't have to wait 3-5 days to get it. Hope this helped :D