Best box to buy?

PikachuMatrix

J-Core!
Its been a long time since my last Pokemon game, and it's a shame as now none of my friends have any interest in it, which would leave me travelling 2 hours to play tournaments on my own (Any Leeds players reading this?).

However, as I still have an interest in the game, I'v combined this with my interest in making some extra money, now that I'v left school.

So basically, I'm looking into buying boxes, opening them all up and selling off the rares etc.

This sounds like I'm just using the game to make money with no cares for Pokemon, however I'd really appreciate the fun of opening packs again, and I'd be helping to provide players with Primes/ Lvl. X's at consiederabley ;ess expense than most other sellers.

With this in mind, what would be the best box's to buy that would provide the most profit eg. £70 per box, £90 worth of cards inside.

Also, if anyone knows a cheap, reliable site to buy boxes from, it would be great if you could tell me, as the cheaper I can buy the box, the cheaper I can sell the cards!

And if you've read ALL of this, thanks very much!

:D

I would say probably to buy a box of Rising Rivals, because Luxray GL X is the most expensive playable card, and flygon X is up there. Your best bet to buy the boxes is either DA card world or ebay, buying a case of 6 boxes

yah, rising rivals is teh best box but u could try pt or ge. claydol are pretty expensive.

Claydol has gone down drastically since its release as a league promo, blargh. That's no longer really true.

PT and RR for sure. A LOT of stuff from AR is going up in value lately though, but it's still nowhere near Luxray GL Lv. X, which you can EASILY sell for 50 bucks on its own.

I would say either Platinum or HGSS. 1/2 of the Lv. X's in PT are $20+ in value, so you have a decent chance of making your money back depending on the price. You also get all of the SP trainers/supporters (which are huge right now and sell for $2+ per card on the low end), and cards like BTS and Shiny Vulpix.

HGSS comes with many now and most likely future staple trainers/supporters, so I think this is the way to go. You get Jumpluff (which is huge right now), Donphan Prime (also big), Ninetales, Noctowl, Raichu (maybe), Pokemon Communication, Pokemon Collector, Fisherman, Pokegear, Pokemon Reversal, Professor Oak's New Theory, Double Colorless, Rainbow, Feraligatr Prime, Ho-oh and Lugia Legend, Shiny Gyarados, Alph Lithograph 1, and some really cool energies.

What comes in RR besides Luxray GL Lv. X and Flygon Lv. X that makes it worth buying a box? Remember that boxes cost $75+, so buying one for just two cards for which the odds are stacked against you doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

serious lol

its silly to get a box of in order to maybe get one card

pt or hgss are prolly the best choices
op, if you need staples I'd buy them by themselfs but if you just want cards go for a box

I'm only looking for cards to sell right now, I don't know yet about continuing playing. It looks like I'll be buying a Platinum box fairly soon then, but what are the rates of Lvl.X's/Shinys per box? On average btw :p

If I were you I would buy HGSS seriously because you get a fair amount of primes and legend cards I have opened threee boxes and have getten multiple legends (top and bottom) and all the primes 3x, blissy 4x what luck lol. alot of the cards sell fairly fast. UL is too new of a set because the onlything people are really looking for in that set are the uncommons not to many rares.

RR is to un realable one minute you get a flygon X and that cards stock on ebay is at 50 one minute and the next I bought one for 10. Luxray is the only card people are looking from that whole set.

PL is a good set alot of good cards.

I am a new player also and I have opend a fair share of boxes since getting back into the game

PikachuMatrix said:
I'm only looking for cards to sell right now, I don't know yet about continuing playing. It looks like I'll be buying a Platinum box fairly soon then, but what are the rates of Lvl.X's/Shinys per box? On average btw :p

On average you get 2-3 Lv. X's per box and one Shiny per box. Also, if you're buying Platinum you get one of three reprints. In HGSS, I think you're almost guaranteed to get one of each of the Primes per box, as well as both complete Legends and one Shiny Gyarados. There's also a 1 in 3 chance of getting the Alph Lithograph (not sure on this ratio).

That's what I recommend. Although, the Primes are worth considerably less than some of the X's, so it's a bit of a trade off.

Hmm the cheapest Platinum box on eBay is £75, whereas the cheapest HGSS is £80.

Or does aynone know a cheaper place to buy boxes in £?

Hmm... I really don't know. eBay is cheapest, but shipping to Europe appears to be really expensive. Your best bet in this case would be to try to find one for cheap at a hobby shop near you.

sturtle said:
Rising Rivals. Best set yet. Lots of good cards in there.

I wouldn't say so, the best cards from Rising Rivals are Luxray GL Lvl.X, Flygon X, Bebe's Search and Infernape X.

I know that won't be all that's good, but they're the main ones. So 4 cards out of a 120 card set.. not that great. Even the Rotom's barely sell now for a decent amount.

I'd rather go for a set like HGSS, where not all of the good cards from the set are X's or 1/over9000 chance of pulling.

Well iv bought an hgss box and 100 sleeves so I'll be good to go once they arrive. If all goes well I'll be buying 2 more boxes :)

Back