Best and Worst EX

Note that these are for NXD-PLB.

Best: Virizion-EX.

Worst: Kyurem-EX, Zekrom-EX, Regigigas-EX, Kyogre-EX, Raikou-EX, Groudon-EX, Ho-oh-EX, Registeel-EX, Terrakion-EX, Giratina-EX, Moltres-EX, Zapdos-EX, Latias-EX, Latios-EX, Meloetta-EX, Dialga-EX, Palkia-EX.

Virizion singlehandedly makes at least one top tier deck playable (well...I guess Victini EX would work?). Second and third would probably go to BKEX (PLS) and Deoxys EX for making their decks a way higher tier. The worst ones are all completely unplayable, so there's no way to determine which one is worse than the others.

Best: A tie between Keldeo and Virizion. Virizion's ability makes it a great addition to any deck, and makes Genesect wreck all pokemon. Keldeo is the deck I always face and I hate how fast it sets up.

Worst: Probably jirachi. 90HP for an EX? No thanks. Right next to Jirachi is easily celebi. Small HP for EX, ability would be better, but no cardsto use it with, and why do manual evolution when you got rare candy?

Jirachi EX is not the worst, especially with the rule changes. It's quite playable and any Blastoise user
would be a fool not to play it. I'd have to give the worst to any of the following that are not crossed out:

Dork Void said:
Worst: Kyurem-EX , Zekrom-EX, Regigigas-EX, Kyogre-EX, Raikou-EX, Groudon-EX, Ho-oh-EX, Registeel-EX, Terrakion-EX, Giratina-EX, Moltres-EX, Zapdos-EX, Latias-EX, Latios-EX, Meloetta-EX, Dialga-EX, Palkia-EX.

Kyurem EX is pretty bad, but definitely not the worst, just like Zekrom. They have massive OHKO potential but are just outclassed by things like Black Kyurem EX. Regigas, Groudon, Giratina, Moltres, Zapdos, Latios, and Palkia and Kyogre simply suck and they have no playability. Raikou is nothing without eels. Ho-Oh gets Energy Switch back, Registeel always has that annoying niche use that is exploited from time to time. Latias also has that unique ability that does not make it the worst EX. Dialga is also niche, and can be played with TDK or Aggron. This isn't optimal, but it's not the worst EX. Meloetta can easily fuel Seismitoad or Exploud. Terrakion EX is very playable and did well at Worlds and Regionals.

For best EX, that's very hard. Darkrai gains Energy Switch, but loses some of its power thanks to the predicted uprise in Mr. Mimes being played. I'd have to give it too Genesect EX probably.

Genesect is one of the few Pokemon that can still use Catcher without a flip via Red Signal, and is usually played with awesome support in Virizion EX and G-Booster.

Regigigas is not bad you lunatics

Best in order
1. Thundurus EX
2. Virizion EX
3. Keldeo EX
4. Genesect EX
5. Darkrai EX

Worst in order
1. Meloetta EX
2. Celebi EX
3. Jirachi EX
4. Black Kyurem EX (BC)
5. Moltres EX

Best:Mew ex, I NEVER PULLED ONE :'((((((

Worst:NOT JIRACHI!! It was my first ex pull without a tin or box, So it's nostalgic to me.
Plus it has stellar guidance,

Worst is: Celebi ex, 110 Hp (LOW) and not a good ability... I guess.

Darkrai Ex; 3 Regional Championship wins, Klac. Open champion, 2 Time World Champion, U.S. National Champion, Senior Division U.S. Nationals Runner up, countless Battle Roads and LC wins, State Champion numerous times, was the BDIF multiple times (and plenty of things i didn't feel like researching)

Virizion EX; Oh yeah, it won a regionals once. I guess that happened.

Darkrai just never gets the respect it deserves.

yeah Latios EX is pretty darn terrible.

From what I've seen (from all formats):

Best: Tie between Keldeo-EX and Darkrai-EX

Worst: Any EX from EX Ruby and Sapphire.

The best EX I would say is Virizion EX due to the fact it has a place in many decks and has great acceleration. Plus a great ability to make you immune to conditions.

The worst EX I would have to say would be...Palkia EX. Its first attack isn't worth the 3 energies needed to use it, and the last one doesn't seem worth it right now, considering its so easy to OHKO in the current format, it wouldn't be able to exploit it in time.

Top 10 EXes (IMO of course)

10. Lugia EX
9. Thundurus EX
8. Virizion EX
7. Genesect EX (red signal is what wins me over)
6. Mewtwo EX
5. Deoxys EX (Plasma decks would be nothing without this)
4. Darkrai EX (Just always seems to find a way into the format)
3. Rayquaza EX (Kills anything in one shot and can do this again and again with Emboar and SER)
2. Black Kyurem EX (Same as Rayquaza EX but with Blastoise)
1. Keldeo EX (Great attack, great ability, great acceleration, it's just a great card).

In the future, I see Yveltal being very good.

As for the worst (in no order)

Celebi EX (It's a shame because I like the ability, it just doesn't have many practical uses)
Heatran EX (Bad attack costs, doesn't hit any magic numbers, has a terrible weakness, and now even the plasma typing is a disadvantage thanks to Silver Mirror)
Latios EX (Could work with Blastoise, but so can Black Kyurem EX, who's better in every way.)
Palkia EX (Possibly the worst thanks to it's awkward energy costs and failure to hit any magic numbers)
Emolga EX: (Hits the magic 90, but it's low HP means you'll probably only get one shot at this. Not worth two prizes at all)

pokedan24 said:
Latias EX (Could work with Blastoise, but so can Black Kyurem EX, who's better in every way.)

I think you mean Latios EX. Latias is the one that can't be hit by Pokemon with abilities, which is actually pretty good now because of Empoleon. Latios is the one that does 150 for 3 and you discard all the Energy.

Back