• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Bench warmers for MegaGardevoir

BrettMourning

Aspiring Trainer
I apologize in advance if someone has made a post about this.

Ive play tested this over and over and over again and i got it just about worked out to how i like it BUT I'm starting to wonder if i have over looked anything.
I started playing this with 2x Geomancy Xerneas but found it to be not very effective for obvious reasons, i have switched it up several times and and currently playing with 2 Hawlucha (SS 97/114).

Im curious as to what other basics anyone else is playing or could recommend, I only got space for 2 in the deck!

ps I've looking into playing this with 2x Rattata (evo 66/108) OR 2x Dargonite EX (evo 72/108) in the future :)

3x Gardevoir EX (SS 78/114)
3x MegaGardevoir EX (SS 79/114)
4x Shaymin EX (RS 77/108)
2x Hoopa EX (AO 36/98)
2x ?

5x Fairy Energy
3x Wonder Energy

38x Assorted Trainers

Try Hawlucha (STS 97/114) and make it 3x Gardevoir EX (GEN RC30/RC32)/(PRC 105/160 or 155/160) 1x Gardevoir EX (STS 78/114) and 2x Mega Gardevoir (STS 79/114) and 1x mega Gardevoir (GEN RC31/32) ;)

Hawlucha (STS), Absol (ROS) and, perhaps, Klefki (STS) are your best bets. There's an outside chance that a couple of Jynx (GEN) could work too.

It's worth bearing in mind that once XY Evolutions is released, this deck will be getting Dragonite-EX which will be a huge boost.

I like the thought of using the EVO Rattata and Dragonite EX in here. I decided to pair the STS Mega Gardevoir with Vespiquen because in my opinion, Mega Gardevoir's attack is a little underwhelming sometimes, even after charging it up by discarding a lot of benched Pokemon. But after a couple turns of discarding benched Pokemon, Vespiquen quickly becomes a formidable force.

I'm also testing a Mgardevoir deck and i'm using following pokemons in my deck:
2x xerneas (geomancy)
3x Gardevoir EX
2x Mgardevoir EX
1 Hoopa EX
4x Klefki

I use the xerneas as a starter pokemon for the first 2 turns when possible to power up 2 gardevoir. I use only 1 hoopa EX and i can almost always play it at turn 1 thanks to the 4 ultra balls in my deck.
The klefki's are mostly as fuel for the despair ray but i can also use them as a shield against Mega pokemon like scizor and steelix.

Back