• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Beedrill/Talonflame?

Mackrel829

Aspiring Trainer
What do people think about this?

4 Weedle
4 Kakuna
4 Beedrill
4 Talonflame

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Wally
1 Lysandre

4 Trainer's Mail
4 VS Seeker
3 Acro Bike
4 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Exp Share
2 Revitaliser

4 Forest of Giant Plants

8 Grass Energy

Looks fairly decent. Personally I don't think the Beedrill EVO is too competitive since you really need all the pieces and if any are prized you can be in trouble, but I like the idea.

Have you thought about adding in rare candy at all? It would help if the Kakuna is prized or they counter your stadium so you can't go from basic to stage 2.

I think you may want super rod. incase you have to sycamore a hand of energy or pokemon.

Probably town map as well. incase things are prized.

It's never going to be the best deck in the format, but it seems like a cheap and fun League deck. It hits the bench, so I think 3 Beedrills out at any one time is fine. You don't need all 4, though it would obviously be nice.

You're quite right, both of those should be one ofs:

-1 Lysandre, -1 Ultra Ball
+1 Super Rod, +1 Town Map

I've played around a little bit with 2 Kakuna, 2 Rare Candy but it doesn't seem as good. You can hit a Rare Candy with Trainers Mail and it's good if you don't have FoGP, but I'm playing a lot of balls, and sometimes you end up with, for example, a Rare Candy and a Sycamore in hand. You have to just ditch the candy, whereas you could play the Kakuna and then Sycamore for a Beedrill. Pros and Cons for both, and I'm still undecided, but 4 Kakuna seems better to me right now. Could I find room for 4 Kakuna, 2 Rare Candy? Is that crazy?

I don't really see the point. as long as you get all ur weedle out. it should be fairly streamline. at least in theory

I don't like the acrobikes though. maybe burst balloons instead? those discards could be painful for beedrill. Maybe even unown. for additional draw.

I don't really see the point. as long as you get all ur weedle out. it should be fairly streamline. at least in theory

I don't like the acrobikes though. maybe burst balloons instead? those discards could be painful for beedrill. Maybe even unown. for additional draw.

Yeah the Acro Bikes haven't been that great. I've put the Lysandre and Ultra Ball back in along with an extra Revitaliser for them instead. So from the original list: -3 Acro Bike, +1 Revitaliser +1 Super Rod +1 Town Map

I would suggest dropping the wally. I don't see the point to it with plant forest. the 3rd revitalizer might be too much, not sure.

I suggest replacing with more draw power. Maybe a giovani's scheme for the 180 possibility .

Not a big fan of the beedrills. But looks like it would work to be honest. maybe post a YouTube video of some of your battles, And then we can check how it fairs against meta decks

I played it a bit today. it really seems to need brocks grit. 2 revitalizer and super rod is not enough to stream beedrills.

How about using Mew EX as a proxy attacker, allowing you to keep as many Beedrill in play as possible for as long as possible.

Back