Help Beating Archie's Blastoise

PrimePokeDaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Archie's Blastoise wasn't played much when I started, but I'm seeing it a lot more in expanded now. Ability lock, item lock, and 1 prize attackers seem to be good. But I'm wondering how to attack it with an agressive deck that doesn't limit items or abilities and attacks with mainly GX and EX pokemon.

Is it like playing against VikaRay? Where you try to disrupt their hand and always attack the 2 prize pokemon? Or do you aim for the Blastoise, knowing you'll need at least 4 KO's?

I feel like taking out their Blastoise can cause a lot of problems for them. Hitting two Archies in a game isn't easy, and the second time around they'll have to do with fewer resources.

If you go first and you happen to have a Silent Lab on hand, that's also very good as well.

Match-ups wise, both Garbodors have a field day against Archies and Buzzwole has no issues taking out either their GX or their Blastoise.

I feel like taking out their Blastoise can cause a lot of problems for them. Hitting two Archies in a game isn't easy, and the second time around they'll have to do with fewer resources.

If you go first and you happen to have a Silent Lab on hand, that's also very good as well.

Match-ups wise, both Garbodors have a field day against Archies and Buzzwole has no issues taking out either their GX or their Blastoise.
What do you think the matchup is like for Trev? With no Wally you cant deny a turn 1 archie's, so no matter what they're going to pull it off if they have it

What do you think the matchup is like for Trev? With no Wally you cant deny a turn 1 archie's, so no matter what they're going to pull it off if they have it

Matchup is good in Trevenant favor.

A competent Archie’s player can get Archie’s to happen about 75% of the time. But there’s still a 25% chance of failure.

Even if they do get Blastoise, the deck is REALLY Item dependent. Unless the Archie’s player can set themselves up REALLY good on T1, they should be slowed down considerably that you can out-tempo them easily.

This and Garb matchups really suck for Blastoise. And Garb is getting played in spades this weekend.

Back