Help Beat Metagross with Golisopod

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Yesterday I went with my Golisopod Garbodor deck to a league cup but lost three times vs Metagross. They get 3 of them set up turn 2/3 and after a Necrozma Black Ray GX I'm OHKO'ed by Metagross all the times. Any idea what I could do to prevent auto-losses? Any suggestions what to do vs Ho Oh are also welcome.

Deck list:

Pokémon: 18
4-3 Golisopod GX
4-2-2 Garbodor (both)
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Tapu Koko

Trainer: 32
4 Sycamore
4 N
4 Guzma
2 Acerola
1 Brigette
4 Ultra Ball
4 Float Stone
2 Heavy Ball
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Choice Band
1 Field Blower

Energy: 12
4 Grass
4 Rainbow
4 DCE

I actually thought about those changes, but not sure what to remove.
+ 1 or 2 Max Potions, in my opinion they would perfectly fit in this deck
+ Field Blower for doing more Garbodor damage

Thank you for any feedback and help!

well not much you can do about metagross with golisopod, try garbodor field blower and you might have some luck considering the rare candy buildup (i play metagross so i know this)

TBH, I don't see very much wrong with your list. Cut a DCE for a 2nd Field Blower, and actually, cut another card and play 3. It helps maximize Trashalanche damage, and makes sure you can draw into it when necessary. Your list looks ideal, so it could be something to do with how you played, or drawing bad. I'm not too sure on how I feel about Max Potion, but if you think it's good, then go for it. I would like to point out, however, that Black Ray only hits GX's, so if you know you're playing against Metagross, play carefully and conservatively, and try to constantly have Garbotoxin online. Target the Necrozma as early as you can, and I play play the situation out like this:

1: T1 Lele, Brigette. Try to have 1-2 Trubbish, 1-2 Wimpod, and preferably Koko out by the end of your first turn.

2: T2, if they put down Necrozma, attack with Koko, if they don't put down Necrozma, attack with Golisopod and start killing Metangs. Have a Garbotoxin out by the end of this turn. Also, preferably have only 1 Golisopod either way. This prevents them from Black Ray-ing because they don't get the full use from their attack, and it prevents Metagross from Guzma-ing and taking a free prize from one of your would-be attackers

3:T3 They will likely have Necrozma out. If they don't consider that it might be prized, but don't assume that it is, if that makes sense. Try to set up your board to where your opponent would really want to bring out Necrozma, but make sure you have a really good way to kill it. Also preferably have an Acerola at hand, so if they do Black Ray, you have an out to not getting OHKO'd by Metagross.

These are the ideal situations to play out. Although this is extremely one-sided, and plans can, and may change. Metagross should honestly be a 50-50 matchup, so if you play well and don't dead draw hard, you can beat the matchup.

Back