• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Beartic Surprise?

Cosbykid

Aspiring Trainer
Hey PokeBeach! Before I even get into things I need to adress something, I am a NOOB!! I am kind of new to the game but I know how to play I just don't do very well in duels because I don't see my opponent's strategy befoe it is too late. I made a deck recently and I think I like it is just a little slow, or maybe because I don't play it right. Ok so here is the deck list:

Pokemon
3-3 Beartic (Sheer Cold one)
3-2-2 Vileplume (Trainer Lock)
2-2-2 Reuniclus (Move Damage counter one)
1 Cleffa
1 Kyurem

Trainers/Supporters
4 Rare Candy
3 PONT
1 PETM
3 Pokemon Collector
1 Cheren
2 Juniper
1 Flower Shop Lady
1 N
2 Twins
2 Sage's Training

Energies

11 Water
4 DCE

Strategy:

The main strategy of this deck is to get my opponent in the infamous trainer lock and make it impossible for them to attack due to Beartic's Sheer cold. To start off the duel you want to get a kyurem or Cleffa out. Powering up Kyurem early is nice but Cleffa is the best because I need to get Beartic set up and my Vileplume up. The point of having Reuniclus is to power up kyurem's outrage using it's abilities it is not crucial but it is nice for a good revenge kill. This deck is extremley slow at the beginning but when you get it set up (which I have yet to do) it can be a rage quit just waiting to happen. This deck was made back in January before all this stupid EX stuff so I understand that it is weak.

Counters: As I said earlier this deck is weak against EXs. Mainly Darkrai EX because of the free retreat cost which ruins the deck's whole strategy. Mewtwo EX also has a very small retreat cost so it can be taken out and saved. I'm not sure what to do about it because well... I am new to the game. I was wondering if this strategy is too old and I should scrap it or maybe it can be worked on?

First off, BW-on come September.

Secondly, Trainer Lock+Status Effect decks are AMAZING. I play Vanilluxe/Victine/Vileplume, and it has worked wonders. I prefer it, simply because I would rather Paralyze than Sleep any day...

Max out Twins, PONT, and Collector. Max out your Beartic line.Drop Elm, Cheren, DCE, Kyurem, and Reuniclus. Trying to slide "the truth" into here isn't going to make it consistent. Use Rescue Energ, and just keep sliding another beartic in after the last one. by the time one is knocked out, another should be up. Consider more N.

@cannonballkuriboh, he kinda needs the dce so he can use sheer cold turn 2....

i'd suggest
- 2-2-2 reinucleus (beartic has a good enough level of hp himself and they wont be able to attack if you pull it off right...)
- 1 kyurem (now without the reinucleus he's close to useless)
+ 2 cleffa (makes for a good first turn PONT, theoretically :p)
+ 1 PONT
+ 1 collector
+ 2 twins
+ 1 cubchoo
im thinking at might actually make this deck soon with your decklist (and my changes) and see how it goes.
(oh and i rly like ur profile pic. beartic is such a boss)

ok 4 twins is way too much. i tested a little with my brother using multiple decks. also this deck list only has 56 cards.... so what i added/switched out from my list
-2 twins
+ 1 PETM(helps with vileplume a super amount)
+ 1 pokemon communication( also for getting a vile plume cause i had so much trouble getting it out :mad: )
+ 2 rescue energy (helps when you can see impending doom coming for your active beartic)
+ 1 any random basic including cleffa or cryogonal 33/101 from NV. for some reason it comes in handy cause for 1 water energy its like a built in catcher even tho there's trainer lock. it helps you stall as you shuffle into another beartic and it has a built in super scoop up.

have you tried countering a Darkness deck with this one? Ones with Darkrai EX are a pain because of the free retreat cost. What should I do about that?

Back