• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

(BCR-On) Vir/Gen (Virizion EX / Genesect EX)

pygohan

Lost Deck Builder
Pokemon:

• 2 Cubchoo
    2 Beartic
    1 Mewtwo-EX
    3 Genesect-EX
    3 Virizion-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 N
    2 Colress
    3 Skyla
    2 Professor Sycamore
    2 Shadow Triad
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Switch
    1 Energy Retrieval
    2 Colress Machine
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Team Plasma Ball
    2 Bicycle
    3 Energy Switch
    2 Muscle Band
    1 G Booster
    2 Plasma Frigate
Energy:

• 9 Grass Energy
    4 Plasma Energy

Strategy:
Simple Strategy, have Virizion out to power up your Genesects. Mewtwo is for other Mewtwos and Pikachu/Raichu are techs for Pyroar/Yveltal. I didn't think I would be able to get Genesects but thanks to the last Pokemon League challenge I got some great trades. Let me know what you guys think any advice would be helpful.

I'm wondering how much Yveltal is going to be played. Granted its good. But with the loss of the support, i think Raichu is going to be a complete waste, and a OHKO by a 1 Strong energy landorus ex.

Ivy_Profen's comment regarding Raichu reflects my opinion as well. If anything, there may be more Lugia EX play vs. Yveltal EX going forward. In either case, I personally believe you could place those 4 Raichu slots to better use. For example, following are some comments/thoughts for your consideration:

+2 Beartic - counters Pyroars and Landorus EXs very nicely
+2 Cubchoo
- - - - - or - - - - -

+1 Mewtwo EX - there will be Mewtwo EX wars ahead given he FuF set release, IMO
+3 Ht Lasers - great asset you can leverage
- - - - - or - - - - -

+2 Lugia EX
+2 DCE
- - - - - or - - - - -

+1 Mewtwo EX
+1 Virizion EX - to maximize your chances of strting with 1
+1 Lysandre - Supporter-based "gust" capability should you ever be Ability-locked
+1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discarded Supporters

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I have given thought to the Cubchoo/Beartic Combo as I lost to a Pyroar deck last challenge I was in. My only issue with Cubchoo/Beartic is the retreat cost is brutal and had to have a switch card to move it out or its pretty much cannon slaughter.

Should I use float stones instead of switches?
Another thought I had was Eevee/Leafeon PLF

I prefer Switches over Float Stones since they can not be Megaphone'd away. On the other hand, you may have times when you can actually Float Stone back to the bench more than once.

Personally, I prefer the Leafeon option vs. Beartic for a few reasons: 1) "cheaper" retreat cost (if needed - more than likely, it's KOd) and 2) also counters Seismitoad.

I was thinking it was just going to get KOd Leafeon wise but you never know lol. I think I'll try it out tonight at League.

Leafeon big plus tonight at League. I think I'll run with this for awhile and see how it goes.

Well it all depends on what the people your are battling play. Like if people at your league suddenly start making Pyroar decks, then you can switch it to Beartic. I think Leafeon is a pretty solid choice though, because Pyroar is probably going to drop in popularity and the attack is fast but strong at the same time.

The thing I'm running into is at my league I see Pyroar decks, and many with Suicune/Sigilyph in them so I was thinking more of a jack of all trades with Leafeon. Beartic is nice but too one sided and Raichu is nice but with Vir/Gen Leafeon is better with two reasons, Corless Machine and Plasma Ball. On top of you only need one energy.

Idk with Leafeon, it just seems like you are doubling up on grass, while you could be hitting for a weakness with a different type.

Leafeon still gets OHKOed by Pyroa and it takes quite a bit of energy to knock out pyroar.

I think Abomasnow is just much better, i use it in my VirGen deck and i have beaten every Pyroar/fire based deck i've played. It hits for weakness, can survive a muscle band with discard from pyroar and then OHKO pyroar for 2 energy and a muscle band or 3 energy. It OHKO's Sigilyph and Suicune for 3 energy and a muscle band, while still staying out of OHKO range from either of them. It can also hit for 200 with muscle band on Landorus Ex or anything else weak to water. It just seems like the ideal pokemon for this deck in the upcoming set.

I believe Ivy_Profen is referring to this Poké: Abomasnow

You will find that both Abomasnow and Leafeon have their pluses and minuses. Your decision could also be influenced by decks played in your area. For me, Leafeon is just far more versatile in other match-ups than just against Pyroar. On the other hand, if Pyroar is a major concern, then I'd suggest playtesting Beartic over Abomasnow. IMO, Beartic has more versatility than Abomasnow.

Back